Topping D50S
Dec 21, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #16 of 23
Santa is bring me one of these! It's replacing a Topping D10. I have a Liquid Spark Amp.. I am pretty stoked to give it a go. I will probably upgrade to the SMSL THX888 amp later this year.

Dec 21, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #17 of 23
The Topping D10 is a fabulous USB to SPDIF converter :)

I would imagine the functionality and convenience of the d50s would be a hit. This is where we can compare a typical sabre chipset and listen to the micro details.

I'd take an inexpensive Musical Paradise MP-D1 mk3 ES9028Q2M Tube dac over a Topping offering that is more "ideal" in graph comparisons.

I've found analyzing graphs and what we perceive with personal human ears is a different story. What looks good on spec sheets can be be hyper detailed and analytical in real life.

I've yet to do a fun experimental purchase of a Denafrips Ares ii (higher tier Pontus, Venus, Terminator). Looking at all those electrolytic capacitors I'd wish for some Propagation delay "analog bliss" :)

The D50s would seem to be a fun versatile unit.

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #18 of 23
^^ true. I have a Schiit Modi Multibit and after hearing the d50s for 2 weeks side by side, I still preferred the R2R by a quite margin. Much more realistic timbre and depth than the more detailed but very flat soundstage of the d50s.

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #19 of 23
May 2, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #21 of 23
Hi Guys,

I need your help re replacing op amps.

I have got D50s and I would like to change opamps.

After opening 4 screws on the outer body, I opened 2 more screws attached inside, but the inside plate (where 2 screws are attached) is not coming out and I am unable to access the opamps section.

Kindly tell me the next 2-3 steps to access opamp section.

thanks in advance

May 26, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #22 of 23
Very popular Topping D50 has got an upgrade. Topping D50S.

http://www.tpdz.net/products_detail/productId=41.html

41dfbcf4-447c-4c98-b790-4c3a14d4d6db.jpg

It has LDAC Bluetooth connectivity, a remote, better SINAD and got rid of ESS IMD Hump.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...nd-measurements-of-new-topping-d50s-dac.7914/

index.php

index.php

It had a Drop run recently.

I am waiting for one to be paired with excellent JDS Labs Atom.

Post your impressions here.

Very popular Topping D50 has got an upgrade. Topping D50S.

http://www.tpdz.net/products_detail/productId=41.html

41dfbcf4-447c-4c98-b790-4c3a14d4d6db.jpg

It has LDAC Bluetooth connectivity, a remote, better SINAD and got rid of ESS IMD Hump.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...nd-measurements-of-new-topping-d50s-dac.7914/

index.php

index.php

It had a Drop run recently.

I am waiting for one to be paired with excellent JDS Labs Atom.

Post your impressions here.
I'm a little late to this thread but I've had the D50s paired to the Atom Amp for 2.5 years and have been quite happy with it, but I recently sold the Atom and Upgraded to the Topping A50s to pair and while I was happy with the Atom, the difference (to my ears and from the 4.4 balance out) with the A50s is substantial. There's much greater depth and note weight and just a touch of warmth without sacrificing any of the clarity, resolution or detail. It is a very worthy upgrade and the D50s + A50s are fantastic stack. The A50s does not have replaceable OpAmps but the D50s has a replaceable OpAmp and next week I've got a Burson V5i coming to replace the LME that's in there. This stack has been out for a couple years and it still represents outstanding performance and value. I'm very happy in the stock form, lets see what an OpAmp can do...

May 31, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #23 of 23
I'm a little late to this thread but I've had the D50s paired to the Atom Amp for 2.5 years and have been quite happy with it, but I recently sold the Atom and Upgraded to the Topping A50s to pair and while I was happy with the Atom, the difference (to my ears and from the 4.4 balance out) with the A50s is substantial. There's much greater depth and note weight and just a touch of warmth without sacrificing any of the clarity, resolution or detail. It is a very worthy upgrade and the D50s + A50s are fantastic stack. The A50s does not have replaceable OpAmps but the D50s has a replaceable OpAmp and next week I've got a Burson V5i coming to replace the LME that's in there. This stack has been out for a couple years and it still represents outstanding performance and value. I'm very happy in the stock form, lets see what an OpAmp can do...
Ok, Burson V5i is installed in the D50s and it has about 8 hours on it and I can say with all sincerity bass is a little deeper and meatier. The clarity of the upper register is still there and the presence of the mids is unhindered but the deepening of the sub and mid bass is quite noticeable. $45 +$15 Shipping + $25 Customs Fee - maybe one of the best < $100 upgrades yet. I'm very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back