Topping A90
Mar 9, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #1,172 of 1,442
topping is very low quality, just like the competition really, schitt is not better, smsl not better, ifi not better, etc...

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #1,173 of 1,442
topping is very low quality, just like the competition really, schitt is not better, smsl not better, ifi not better, etc...
Tell us what is good

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #1,174 of 1,442
Tell us what is good
The good old pioneer, good old sony, burson, or any amp over 1000€. but certainly not any of the 60 chinese producers of shhhhhhhh :wink:

gsx mini si good quality, RME is good quality, violectric is good quality, project2 is good quality, fostex amps are good quality, not the best sounding probably, but they have history and warranty, unlike the aliexpress kings. Phonitor amps are very good quality, forgot the company name, it is german too.

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #1,175 of 1,442
The good old pioneer, good old sony, burson, or any amp over 1000€. but certainly not any of the 60 chinese producers of shhhhhhhh :wink:

gsx mini si good quality, RME is good quality, violectric is good quality, project2 is good quality, fostex amps are good quality, not the best sounding probably, but they have history and warranty, unlike the aliexpress kings. Phonitor amps are very good quality, forgot the company name, it is german too.

Funny you mentioned the Headamp Gsx mini. That's what I have on order.
Very excited!

Chibs

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #1,176 of 1,442

So anything that cost more then 1000 dollar and is not chinese is better then anything below 1000€ and is chinese ? Makes totaly sense

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #1,177 of 1,442
So anything that cost more then 1000 dollar and is not chinese is better then anything below 1000€ and is chinese ? Makes totaly sense
No brother, no. You didn't understood anything. What is good is good, and what is bad is bad, period. No formula. Just use the brain. There is good chinese stuff too, like audio GD, maybe not that great great, LOL, but hey... denafrips is very very good, good prices, it is chinese. Kinky studio also chinese and good. Singxer also chinese.

It's not about formula or categories, or countries, or price. It is reliability, quality.

Mar 10, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #1,178 of 1,442
FWIW, these forums can often skew heavily toward people who are experiencing problems and needing to either vent or seek solutions -- rightfully so. As someone who is enjoying his Topping A90/D90 stack with not a single hiccup, I see the A90 as a piece of high-quality, high-value equipment, and I'm guessing there are thousands of other owners who are not on forums who are having a similar experience.

Mar 10, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #1,179 of 1,442
FWIW, these forums can often skew heavily toward people who are experiencing problems and needing to either vent or seek solutions -- rightfully so. As someone who is enjoying his Topping A90/D90 stack with not a single hiccup, I see the A90 as a piece of high-quality, high-value equipment, and I'm guessing there are thousands of other owners who are not on forums who are having a similar experience.
I concur. I have Topping D90/A90 stackand I own a CHord Hugo TT2. The Topping equipment is superb. I am assuming they have a warrany of some kind. But mine sound incredibly good. When you factor in cost, it is reallly amazing what they can do. No problems with them at all. Great time to be an audiophile becuase it is amazing what you can know acquire for very reasonable money. Highy recommended -- as they are by many many many users.

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #1,180 of 1,442
I concur. I have Topping D90/A90 stackand I own a CHord Hugo TT2. The Topping equipment is superb. I am assuming they have a warrany of some kind. But mine sound incredibly good. When you factor in cost, it is reallly amazing what they can do. No problems with them at all. Great time to be an audiophile becuase it is amazing what you can know acquire for very reasonable money. Highy recommended -- as they are by many many many users.
Hey, how would you compare the sound of the Topping stack to the TT2? You are the only person I've encountered on the forum who has both high-end Chord and Topping gear! Very cool! Very curious.

Mar 10, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #1,181 of 1,442
If you look at combined usage of lets say an a90 or an e30 over all sold units it's way more likely that they fail in total numbers given a similar MTTF as well.

Mar 10, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #1,182 of 1,442
Hey, how would you compare the sound of the Topping stack to the TT2? You are the only person I've encountered on the forum who has both high-end Chord and Topping gear! Very cool! Very curious.
I would say they compare very well. The CHord has a bigger sound stage and greater clarity. It also has the ability to adjust via its crossfeed function, but prefer it straight up. Also, the Chord has greater texture to the sound. But when you consider the difference in price, you realize just how good the Topping equipment is.

Mar 10, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #1,183 of 1,442
I would say they compare very well. The CHord has a bigger sound stage and greater clarity. It also has the ability to adjust via its crossfeed function, but prefer it straight up. Also, the Chord has greater texture to the sound. But when you consider the difference in price, you realize just how good the Topping equipment is.
topping is cheaper, but it also breaks much sooner and it comes with a defect if you bought the first version, guaranteed. If it breaks, doesn't matter much the price how cheap it is. if it breaks ends up very expensive.

Maybe the problem is the owner and not the equipment: if you like that stack, you own it, and you didn't noticed how terrible the knob is, at several levels, maybe you don't judge the equipment as it should be judged. Not to mention when talking topping, it's all new devices. There are people with 5 year old violectric, or chord, or SPL, or sennheiser, or sony, or... Anything topping from 2015 out there still working properly? well... maybe not so many, LOL.

It is what it is.

new topping a90 in the house... to use or not to use? anyone from my country wants a brand new unit? :)
nocte buna friend!! sell it while it's not too late, just sell it. Cu placere!!

Mar 11, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #1,184 of 1,442

Thanks for the info!

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #1,185 of 1,442

+1. There is one single report of an A90 failing, and John from Topping specifically said that the reason for the failure can't be the same as for the L30, as they have a completely different design. My D90/A90 stack is functioning well since day one, and I'm very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back