Topping A90
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #1,201 of 1,442
yes it does condemn the line as long as other devices may be damaged. if only the amp itself breaks, it is replaced, but if it is possible to damage other things, and this happened, than the risk is too high to ever use another unit in the line.
That's your singular opinion. And one incident does not support your conclusion. It may for you, but that is just not how the world works. It exaggerates the severity of the incident.

It would be just like me saying my unit works, therefore all units will work. It's all about probability and premise does not support your conclusion.

You do what you want. There are far FAR more happy owners than not. Again, this is fact.

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #1,202 of 1,442
Actually look at the design of the A90...what is "cheap" about it?
  • Is it the internal power supply?
  • The all-aluminum CNC chassis?
  • The gold plated 1/4in & 4.4mm connectors?
  • The gain, input, and power switches on the front that are actually labeled?
Honestly so much of the criticism against Topping and other Chi-Fi companies are simply veiled racism - it's really disgusting.

No, these are the cheap things;

- The knob design is a facepalm, it is shallow and curved down where you have to grab.
- The potentiometer is not bad, it's a joke. It's tiny, it's like a jds labs atom knob.
- The sound signature is cheap; measures very well in the measurements website where the flatlanders habit. th sound is clinically clean and tires your ear, as anyone who replaced already the A90 with a nicer sounding amp.
- The durability is really ackward.
- About topping in general, E30 had issues first units, A50 was actually like a beta, then replaced by A50s. D50 same, replaced by d50s, which still sounds not so well. E30 had inverted polarity when it was released!!!! a dac released to market with inverted polarity in the outputs!!!!!
- Gold? not even in your dreams my friend, not even in your dreams actual gold there.
- CNC chassis? what chassis? you think this is a motorbike, front plate is CNC machined, and that's it.
- The internal power supply is cheap indeed, very cheap. A toroidal thing would have been nicer, but... cheapness rules in topping.
- Basically producing their prodcuts according to measuring results to measure well, rather than sound well, that is extremely cheap my dear.

Do you want me to go on?

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #1,203 of 1,442
No, these are the cheap things;

- The knob design is a facepalm, it is shallow and curved down where you have to grab.
- The potentiometer is not bad, it's a joke. It's tiny, it's like a jds labs atom knob.
- The sound signature is cheap; measures very well in the measurements website where the flatlanders habit. th sound is clinically clean and tires your ear, as anyone who replaced already the A90 with a nicer sounding amp.
- The durability is really ackward.
- About topping in general, E30 had issues first units, A50 was actually like a beta, then replaced by A50s. D50 same, replaced by d50s, which still sounds not so well. E30 had inverted polarity when it was released!!!! a dac released to market with inverted polarity in the outputs!!!!!
- Gold? not even in your dreams my friend, not even in your dreams actual gold there.
- CNC chassis? what chassis? you think this is a motorbike, front plate is CNC machined, and that's it.
- The internal power supply is cheap indeed, very cheap. A toroidal thing would have been nicer, but... cheapness rules in topping.
- Basically producing their prodcuts according to measuring results to measure well, rather than sound well, that is extremely cheap my dear.

Do you want me to go on?
Please, no. Perhaps Another thread for a product you do like. We know you don't like this one. Thanks for your input.

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #1,204 of 1,442
Actually look at the design of the A90...what is "cheap" about it?
  • Is it the internal power supply?
  • The all-aluminum CNC chassis?
  • The gold plated 1/4in & 4.4mm connectors?
  • The gain, input, and power switches on the front that are actually labeled?
Honestly so much of the criticism against Topping and other Chi-Fi companies are simply veiled racism - it's really disgusting.

I understand this is how you may feel but don't think that's the case here at all.

Mar 12, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #1,205 of 1,442
Lol who cares if you can hear a little bit of noise on min volume? Are you using XLR or RCA in? The one knock I have against my A90 is that the RCA connection is very very prone to ground loops, but using XLR solved the issue completely.

Mar 12, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #1,212 of 1,442
it's like an engine spinning at 2500 revs in neutral ? :beerchug:

It’s a formula 1 engine BTW (not that turbo crap version that they have now)

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,214 of 1,442
A number of posts were removed for going off-topic, getting too personal, or turning into arguments. Everyone is welcome to share their thoughts on the A90, but we ask that it's done without getting personal. Thank you everyone, and now let's please get back to the A90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back