Topping A90
Jul 31, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #571 of 1,442
Haha, this is so true. Already heard the Susvara and TOPL Abyss. Susvara is my destiny, no doubt. :o2smile:

But, for now, I am addicted and happy with Arya/A90/D90. That is a good sign, because I have a strong case of upgradetitus, the Arya/A90 is my vaccine for now.

Do you think the DX7 Pro with the A90 is better than Dx7 Pro with SP200 Amp?

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #572 of 1,442
Interesting how I experience the A90 to be clearly less harsh with my Arya in comparison to the SMSL SP200. This is clearly a very personal/subjective experience, and highly dependant on the headphone. You run balanced cables?
I have the Arya with DX7 Pro and SP200 right now, so you really think the A90 is much less harsh compare to the SP200? I might have to get the A90, but I"m afraid of the wobbly volume knobs that ppl are having.

Aug 1, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #574 of 1,442
Guy doesn't have the money to purchase one all he gotta do is save his money, measurements means a lot,so you won't over pay for inferior product but is not the end game,so called high price product is not always better,most times it inferior,but people gotta make money, I don't buy pretty, that said if it sounds good to you,than it's good enough for you.
Yeah, audio gears are expensive af

Aug 1, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #575 of 1,442
Haha, this is so true. Already heard the Susvara and TOPL Abyss. Susvara is my destiny, no doubt. :o2smile:

But, for now, I am addicted and happy with Arya/A90/D90. That is a good sign, because I have a strong case of upgradetitus, the Arya/A90 is my vaccine for now.
Hi you prefer Susvara over the Aybss ? Why ? Honestly speaking, to me the only headphone that beats these 2 is he Orphues and Shang ri La

Aug 2, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #580 of 1,442
Aug 5, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #583 of 1,442
I have a question on A90 with owners, I want to use Hugo 2 as a DAC but only option to connect to A90 is via RCA cables, do you think it's worth buying D90 DAC with XLR connection to have better synergy and SQ or I am better off with Hugo 2 connecting with RCA. Thanks

Aug 5, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #584 of 1,442
Hello fellow A90 / D90 owners, I think I've finally worked out the noise issues I was having with the A90 / D90 MQA with RCA / USB by re-cabling with cables focused on removing noise from the signal path. Rather than repeat everything here I'll share the link to the ASR posts - there are more posts following in these ASR threads:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d90-balanced-usb-dac-review.10519/post-475832
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-headphone-amplifier-review.13592/post-476452

If you have any questions or comments please post them here.

The A90 / D90 MQA have never sounded better, I am so glad I went through the time and expense to get new cables, the noise floor is so low and the sound is so much more detailed and dynamic.

I'll be playing a bit more with "better" noise reduction cables and I'll update here and there, but I think these are the most affordable yet most effective at reducing the various noise inputs I was experiencing.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #585 of 1,442
I have a question on A90 with owners, I want to use Hugo 2 as a DAC but only option to connect to A90 is via RCA cables, do you think it's worth buying D90 DAC with XLR connection to have better synergy and SQ or I am better off with Hugo 2 connecting with RCA. Thanks
I use my A90 by my bedside because it is the perfect size for an end table. Using my Mojo/Poly (in fixed pre-amp mode) via 3.5mm to RCA sounds very good. While burning it in at my seated headphone station connected via XLR to a PS Audio Directream DSD and AK380cu via XLR cradle, I noticed the SQ from (input) XLR and RCA have the same sound level when the OUTPUT is 4.4mm or XLR. Your Hugo 2 is the better DAC over the D90. The D90 is a fine DAC, if a bit lean and analytical. The Hugo 2 is much more musical and authoritative. I use Roon with the Mojo/Poly and you could as well with the addition of the Chord 2Go with your Hugo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back