Topping A90
Jun 19, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #226 of 1,442
Believing a reputable reviewer is the best I can do without having listened to the device myself.
Yes especially since you dont gave the luxury to try on any demo shop
Fair enough, but if you read through Sandu’s review he provides a detailed explanation of the reasoning behind why the A90 is on the same level as the HP4A, so it is more than someone just saying, “because I said so.” And very few people will have the means to compare the A90 to the HP4A given the latter’s price, so most of us will have to rely on someone’s else opinion if we are wondering how it stacks up against other amps. With that said, I do wonder if the community will eventually put the A90 in the same performance category as the HP4A
Well the community will only know if they buy two amplifier to know it. But majoeoty is not willing to waste money on getting two peoducts just to try

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #227 of 1,442
Guys lets just value our differences here, at the end of the day, we are all hobbyist in this field right? Sandu is a very good reviewer, I like him a lot and sometime I find myself disagree with him at some points, it is just the matter of my taste and my preferences toward what is best for me. One thing I would say though if you are a fan of huge soundstage and holographic, A90 is very very good but it is not quite up there with the big boy yet, other than that, what can I say, a very impressive amp for its price and you cannot go wrong or regret your decision at the price point.
Have you even heard the HPA-4 ?

Jun 19, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #229 of 1,442
Fits perfectly with the Modius.

Attachments

• 1592581447111.jpg
    1592581447111.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 19, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #231 of 1,442
Did you do A/B comparison with the A90 ?
I dont have that luxury but I would love to. I have the A90 here and maybe if the lockdown in my city is cooling I may travel to an audio shop to compare them. But you already have Sandu doing that comparison, he is a very good reviewer, I may have different opinion when I have a chance to listen to both of them. Do you also listen to A90 already?

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #233 of 1,442
I dont have that luxury but I would love to. I have the A90 here and maybe if the lockdown in my city is cooling I may travel to an audio shop to compare them. But you already have Sandu doing that comparison, he is a very good reviewer, I may have different opinion when I have a chance to listen to both of them. Do you also listen to A90 already?
Sadly no. Nobody in this world can demo them without buying them. I kinda want to hear more impression !

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #239 of 1,442
Once again, man this thing is powerful. I'm barely over 9 o'clock on the volume knob with balanced (XLR) on low gain on HD650. Incredible. And it runs lot cooler than the D90 on low gain.

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #240 of 1,442
Has anyone tried this with Utopia or Empyrean? How does it sound? I have a Woo WA8 and thought this would be a nice compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back