Top ten worst headphones of all time... ever
Dec 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #16 of 51
Quote:
BayerDynamic DT770 M,...man do they SUCK for sq. The isolation is wonderful tho. It's like putting on an industrial set of hearing protection, hearing an "attempt" at listening to music, then wishing I could hear machinery. They sound THAT FRIGGIN' BAD!!! Reminds me of cheap maxell headphones,...

I had those once about 5 years ago before I came down with chronic audiophilia two years ago. The maxells if you wanna know, not the beyers and they were maxell clolour budz (blue). 

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #17 of 51
Let's not forget the tan-colored things that used to come with those little transistor radios.  Mono, park-in=the-ear, and horrible sound quality.  I took one apart once, decades ago, and the diaphragm was metal sitting on top of a ring magnet.  Horrible!

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #19 of 51
The TDK iem's I had to buy this summer when my family & I went on vacation in Connecticut. OMG,...they were HORRIBLE!!! I did without music for only 3 days,...but it was a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG 3 days. :frowning2:

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 51
I bought a pairof qc15s ( I'm on the road constantly) for the noise canelling. I know there are better options but I need noise canceling headphones. So anyways my best friend and I were having a conversation about headphones. He told me that he just spent $400 on a pair of beats pro I spit my coffe out laughing my ass off because of how dumb he is( he claims to be an audiophile) he told me they're the best and I kept laughing so I took him to my house and pulled out my old sennheisers and my qc15s when he tested all three I thought he was gonna cry he looked so angry on finding out he was just ripped off.

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #22 of 51
cheap or fakes shouldn't be counted as they are expected to sound bad... the worst list should consist of headphones which do not deserve the price tag...

It seems the OP is enjoying cheap or expensive headphone stories. So, I think we'll post the way we have been. Thanks for your input nonetheless,...:rolleyes:

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #23 of 51
Quote:

Monster Diesel VEKTR. Absolutely the worst, ever!

Surprising, they came out in the 2012 Head-fi holiday gift guide. Mind you I haven't read the full review but it'll go on my to do list. Where did you try them? http://www.head-fi.org/a/2012-head-fi-holiday-gift-guide-over-ear. What do you think of the monster inspiration? Also I hope beats will turn similar to v-moda with not only fashion (keeping there own style though) but also build quality and sound quality (maybe a bit more neutral though?)
Quote:
epping65 said:
I bought a pairof qc15s ( I'm on the road constantly) for the noise canelling. I know there are better options but I need noise canceling headphones. So anyways my best friend and I were having a conversation about headphones. He told me that he just spent $400 on a pair of beats pro I spit my coffe out laughing my ass off because of how dumb he is( he claims to be an audiophile) he told me they're the best and I kept laughing so I took him to my house and pulled out my old sennheisers and my qc15s when he tested all three I thought he was gonna cry he looked so angry on finding out he was just ripped off.

I feel sorry for your friend, I really do, does he have good headphones now, I hope he returns his beats and gets either ue6000 (with no batteries) or akg k550 good luck to him. As for calling himself an audiophile though... maybe he will be oneday
Quote:
cheap or fakes shouldn't be counted as they are expected to sound bad... the worst list should consist of headphones which do not deserve the price tag...

Just post what you think are the worst, it's not a rule.

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #24 of 51
I feel sorry for your friend, I really do, does he have good headphones now, I hope he returns his beats and gets either ue6000 (with no batteries) or akg k550 good luck to him. As for calling himself an audiophile though... maybe he will be oneday
[/quote] he did and got some sennheisers and I then proceeded to do the same test to all my friends and I now have a lot of angry beats owners in my town

Dec 24, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #26 of 51
I second that motion 
biggrin.gif
 Those go without saying. Apple (I think they should make a smiley that shook it's head, I'd be using it right now)

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #27 of 51
Quote:
I am surprised that no one has mentioned these little gems
wink.gif

These were the worst version. The ones that came after these were slightly better (though I listened to them recently and they were considerably worse than I remembered), and supposedly the EarPods are halfway decent.

Yeah, surprising these weren't mentioned earlier.

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #28 of 51
Worse headphones of all time including overhype as well:

ATH-M50, KQ70X (all of them).

Worst headphones for value and sound performance:

All Beat's, Skullcandy line (except the Aviators which are susceptible to sound change based on mods), Bose (the QC's are not bad, probably one of the best noise cancelling out there, unfortunately a loss in sq).

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #29 of 51
I'll be honest, didn't like the sq the ath-m50's gave either. Not for me,...

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #30 of 51
I jokingly nominated them above. Obviously I don't think they're the worst headphone of all time. They are hyped to the gills, though. They're also recommended in places where they clearly do not belong. They're not entirely neutral--definitely slightly V-shaped, with excellent extension on both ends but quite a lot of midbass. They're also slightly laid back in the upper mids, though not excessively so. They were not very good with classical, from what I remember, on account of that bass--too much, and too little control. Therefore, they're not quite an all-rounder, nor are they a good closed replacement for some of the more neutral open back models.

They have flaws. Are they a good headphone? Yes, they are. Are they the best thing since sliced bread? Absolutely not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back