Top ten worst headphones of all time... ever
Dec 2, 2012 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

headphone man07

100+ Head-Fier
hey head-fiers
again, I've been thinking, (I think a lot) we all know leading brands; audeze, sennheiser, denon, beats (only joking about the last one) but what about the worst, sure we all mock those earbudz or that pair of"hifi headphones" from tesco but how bad are they, this thread is for the worst headphones in the world, regardless of cost just based on build quality, comfort and sound quality. Top ten go through. Any type of headphone

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 51
I have not listened too many headphones that claim themselves to be "Hi-Fi" or HD or Studio/Reference, but I do like in an area where everyone is convinced beats are epic. So I thought i'de try out my friends Beats SOLO's. Man, did they SUCK! I can't tell if he broke them, or if his chord was messed up, but they just absolutely were terrible! The soundstage was non-existant. It sounded like someone was playing the music from across the bus. The sound was muffled, and not detailed. From what i could hear, the bass was also much to accentuated and the highs were very soft. Terrible listening experience, and I can't believe anyone would be so clueless and say my Q701's aren't as good as their beats lol, what a bunch of clowns. There's my schpiel.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 51
I have acquired a set of fake apple earbuds from someone and the sound quality is so poor it's mesmerising. I genuinely wouldn't know where anyone could source materials of low enough quality to make such a poorly performing product!     

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 51
I wonder how many of these people actually enjoy listening to these 
basshead.gif
, then again there are 2 ways of looking at it, whilst we're at one end of the spectrum e.g. 'no good headphones, no listen' but to be fair, the people at the other end don't know any better, they're just listening for the music and enjoying that, not the sound quality because -unless you have golden ears- let's admit it we've all got trained ears, and the only difference between us and non-audiophiles is that they haven't trained their ears to appreciate (or hate) every slight nuance. But back to the subject in hand all of these are really good (or bad) 
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 51
Quote:
I wonder how many of these people actually enjoy listening to these 
basshead.gif
, then again there are 2 ways of looking at it, whilst we're at one end of the spectrum e.g. 'no good headphones, no listen' but to be fair, the people at the other end don't know any better, they're just listening for the music and enjoying that, not the sound quality because -unless you have golden ears- let's admit it we've all got trained ears, and the only difference between us and non-audiophiles is that they haven't trained their ears to appreciate (or hate) every slight nuance. But back to the subject in hand all of these are really good (or bad) 
biggrin.gif

This is a good point. 

I was driving with a friend who had ripped a CD with what sounded like 128 bit MP3 files recorded inside of a steel guitar. Sure enough, he was jamming out because what he cared about was the content, not necessarily the quality of the product that it was delivered through.

The mind is a powerful thing. It can compensate for immense losses of data as long as it's heard a decent recording in the past. 

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:
This is a good point. 

I was driving with a friend who had ripped a CD with what sounded like 128 bit MP3 files recorded inside of a steel guitar. Sure enough, he was jamming out because what he cared about was the content, not necessarily the quality of the product that it was delivered through.

The mind is a powerful thing. It can compensate for immense losses of data as long as it's heard a decent recording in the past. 

I think half the audiophiles here would be happy to 'help' our friends out and give them better quality cds. Anyone agree? I can't wait for the day of good headphones only, where the only people who work on them are the pro's and it's not the fashion that matters. And looking at your last sentence from a different point of view it basically means that we've lost a filter that uses imagination. And also if none of us knew about good sound quality we'd all buy cheap headphones and no-one would make a fuss. So from that point of view "ignorance is bliss*"
*please don't worry that's not what I think 
eek.gif
, also sooner or later we'd eventually discover good sound quality, the people with golden ears would be the driving force 
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 51
A cheap earphone/headphone that has bad sound doesn't really bother me because you know what you're getting into.

An expensive headphone that tries to capitalize on the bling/fashion appeal, and has a bad sound is the worst kind imo.

Not to mention the 'mediocre' purchase, where its alright, but you know you could've spent a few more bucks to get into the audiophile category. I've made these purchases in the past, and they're always painful.

And anything endorsed by Lady Gaga especially, or any Pop/Hip-hop artist.  I wouldn't go within a mile of those things.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #10 of 51
agreed cough cough beats. that is so true, it's just horrible to spend £300 and get it home to find it sounds like the ones you bought for £20 that are now 5 years old (hasn't happened to me, yet, gulp)

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #12 of 51
I got a pair of headphones in no package or anything at a st. Patrick day party from a piñata.  I'm not sure what happened to them but I remember thinking how bad they were.  But then again a Spanish game being played on an Irish holiday was odd enough

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #13 of 51
Quote:
In my opinion Bose are the worst headphones in terms of quality/price ratio.

You'll find lots of people who'll agree that Bose's QC15 is among the best ANC headphones currently available on the market. But I otherwise agree with you, Bose is overpriced. My roommate has an AE2 which is a flimsy, blaring piece of crap, especially considering he bought it for €130

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 51
BayerDynamic DT770 M,...man do they SUCK for sq. The isolation is wonderful tho. It's like putting on an industrial set of hearing protection, hearing an "attempt" at listening to music, then wishing I could hear machinery. They sound THAT FRIGGIN' BAD!!! Reminds me of cheap maxell headphones,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back