top ten reasons not to buy beats please?
Apr 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 13
Use the search  feature.

May 21, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 13
1. Are they built to last? Can they withstand a fair amount abuse? I often see some Beats (especially Solo) broken and left in some corner on my campus, but have never seen something like Shure or V-Moda broken and left behind.
2. Try out the Philip Golden Ears test to get a sense of sound.
3. Audit different headphones to have a sense of what they provide. Don't do it in BestBuy or those big stores, they may have something hidden in their display desk to alter how the headphones sound, and it is not a place to simulate your daily listening place. The music they provide are probably the music you are not familiar with, so you cannot tell how a song you like and familiar with would change on different headphones.
4. Loudness and bass are not everything.

May 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 13
If he wants beats the studio 2.0 are pretty good. Why convince him? You clearly have not heard any of the beats line otherwise you'd know what to say. Jut because people trash the beats brand doesn't mean they are all bad.

May 21, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 13
Because you can get something better for 1/3 of the price.

May 22, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #8 of 13
Because beats was recently acquired by apple, who seem to be unable to produce anything innovative these days.
So they must buy out other big names to make up for the deficit in creativity to pad out their profit margins to keep stock holders happy.

Buy a headphone from a reputable company who actually care more about audio/sound than their profit margins. 

May 29, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #9 of 13
Convincing my friend not to buy them I want to come up with some constructive criticism thanks

"If you're set on Beats, like the look and dig the sound, I'm not the one to stop you, and I doubt any "sound test" will, either. But please seriously reconsider if you feel there is any problem in your decision because regardless of your personal tastes, Beats aren't the best value for your money. Not mine, yours. And they might not conform with the music that you listen to. Not my music, your music. So take my advice and don't buy them."

That's what you should tell your friend.

May 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 13
The Constructivist Argument:

"We give meaning to objects, people, and ideas based on our personal experiences and the value system we have grown up with."
(Mohan et al, 2004)

Unless your friend agrees with your point of view, no constructive criticism will happen any time soon. Ask them what music they would listen to, what kind of sound signature they're looking for, what kind of lifestyle do they use headphones for (i.e. at home listening or on-the-go) and what the headphones should look like. The last point is more important to a consumer than you might think.

May 29, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #11 of 13
  Because beats was recently acquired by apple, who seem to be unable to produce anything innovative these days.
So they must buy out other big names to make up for the deficit in creativity to pad out their profit margins to keep stock holders happy.

rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #12 of 13
Ask him why he wants to be a sheep and look like the rest of the flock. The flock that paid extra for an inferior product because it was shiny and 'cool'. I think paying extra for something of lesser quality just because of a label is either immature or ignorant or both.

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #13 of 13
Ask him why he wants to be a sheep and look like the rest of the flock. The flock that paid extra for an inferior product because it was shiny and 'cool'. I think paying extra for something of lesser quality just because of a label is either immature or ignorant or both.

Welcome back to another Beats hate thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back