Top End Grado Tiz Is Gone
Jan 1, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #16 of 18
Very nice analog front end. I love the wood bodied Benz -- I am using the H2 on my Oracle MkIII (recently getting the full upgrade by Brooks Berdan).

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #17 of 18
Thank you. It was made all the better with a 4" maple block from Mapleshade. Opened up the midrange, with more detail and frequency extension. Better dynamics, too.

BTW, I have always thought that the Oracle tables were the coolest looking around.

Jan 2, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you. It was made all the better with a 4" maple block from Mapleshade. Opened up the midrange, with more detail and frequency extension. Better dynamics, too.

BTW, I have always thought that the Oracle tables were the coolest looking around.

Those Mapleshade blocks are gorgeous! And, IMO, very fairly priced for such a substantial and nicely finished product. I had been toying with the idea of using end-cut Boos butcher blocks, but I think i will have to give the Mapleshade's a serious look. I think an "organic" base is the way to go.

I tried the TNT (sand filled) and found it to muddle up the sound. Right now I am using a modified spiked turntable shelf on the Target TT. Every once and awhile I contemplate bringing the old Arcici Lead Balloon out of storage. It is absolutely medieval looking, but with the triangular shape, sand filled legs and massive lead bars it is as isolated and inert as you can get.

Thanks again for the heads-up on Mapleshade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back