Top 5 songs to play at your funeral.
Jul 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh
confused_face_2.gif

In Greece we don't play music at somebody's funeral.
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif

you should see funerals in New Orleans then, when the band plays while the casket is taken to the cemetry for burial.....actually is quite nice. At least I have seen them on TV!

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 56
Kinda reminds me of this thread. Anyway, I don't know whether there will be a 5 songs though. Having to pick something anyway it will probably be either Kyrie or Lacrimosa. (Mozarts Requiem) Seems appropriate.

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_3_21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Highway To Hell - AC/DC for me
evil_smiley.gif

That would be the complete opposite of my songs I guess.

What's your top 5 Jonathan?

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #20 of 56
Music at funerals is a great tradition. We played Jazz for my grandmothers, for quite a while, as she was a jazz freak.

I am hoping for a varied and intense 5 hour set wrapping up in an unknown mix of Thomas Köner and Satie.

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #21 of 56
[size=medium]High Fidelity
[/size]

Barry: Top 5 songs about death. A Laura's Dad tribute list, okay? Okay. Leader of the Pack. The guy freakin' beefs it on his motorcycle and dies, right? Dead Man's Curve. Jan & Dean.
Dick: Do you know that right after they recorded that song Jan himself crashed his car...
Barry: It was Dean you freakin' idiot...
Rob: It was Jan. It was a long time after the song.
Barry: Okay, whatever. Tell Laura I Love Her. That would bring the house down - Laura's Mom could sing it. You know what I'd want? One Step Beyond by Madness. And, uh, You Can't Always Get What You Want.
Dick: No. Immediate disqualification because of its involvement with The Big Chill.
Barry: Oh God. You're right!
Dick: Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot.
Barry: You person! That's so good - that should have been mine... The night Laura's daddy died. Sha na na na na na na na na! Brother what a night it really was. Mother what a night it really... angina's tough! Glory be!

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #22 of 56
[size=small]Hotel California - Eagles
A Pirate Looks At Forty - Jimmy Buffett
Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones
These Are The Days - Van Morrison[/size]

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #23 of 56
Pink Floyd- "Time"
Simon and Garfunkel- "Scarborough Fair"
The Beatles- "Yesterday"
Randy Travis- "Amazing Grace"
David Lanz- "Cristofori's Dream"

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard "Nothing Else Matters" at a teenager's funeral once. Tough.

The Unforgiven would be more hardcore
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kinda reminds me of this thread. Anyway, I don't know whether there will be a 5 songs though. Having to pick something anyway it will probably be either Kyrie or Lacrimosa. (Mozarts Requiem) Seems appropriate.

Dangnabbit, I knew I'd made a similar thread before. I did say that thread wasn't for the funeral, though. This current thread was inspired by a friend's grandpa's death; she was making a playlist for the funeral, and it got me thinking about what I'd like at my own. I still don't really know. I like the idea of having some upbeat jazz at the funeral, I think. Maybe start with bits of Mozart's Requiem, but move quickly to Chick Corea or something. Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World has to be in there. Maybe Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's brilliant version of Over the Rainbow.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #29 of 56
"Everyone's a V.I.P. to Someone" by The Go! Team
"Body In A Box" by City and Colour
"A Distorted Reality Is Now A Necessity To Be Free" by Elliott Smith

"Touch Of Death" by Blaze Ya Dead Homie
"Tilt A Whirl" by Insane Clown Posse

Threw in the last two just for fun. :l

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #30 of 56
anything by these bands
Rage Against the Machine
Radiohead
The Clash