Top 5 Hip Hop Artist of all Time
Jan 28, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #151 of 233
Just realized I dont think iv seen the Poor Righteous Teachers mentioned once in this thread... maybe iv just missed it but incase im right.  This ones for you guys...

Mar 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #154 of 233
Time for a little thread resurrection.  I'm wondering if anyone can offer some recommendations.  I'm looking for more stuff w/ the edge, speed, lyricism and musicality of the following Geto Boys, 'Livin 4 the Moment' (bad sample though).  Appreciate it. 

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #158 of 233
Lol, forgot about tung twista.  Not exactly the musicality and 'edge' I was looking for but great stuff.  Gave me flashbacks.  

Thanks for Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.  Definitely along the lines of what I was looking for.  I grew up during the whole West Coast/East Coast thang.  Pre 2Pac even, missed out on a lot of good Midwest stuff.

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #159 of 233

Quote:
Lol, forgot about tung twista.  Not exactly the musicality and 'edge' I was looking for but great stuff.  Gave me flashbacks.  

Thanks for Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.  Definitely along the lines of what I was looking for.  I grew up during the whole West Coast/East Coast thang.  Pre 2Pac even, missed out on a lot of good Midwest stuff.

Yeah, I knew it only fit two of the criteria, but due to the speed and lyricism aspects I was hoping they would make up for the lack of edge. I honestly don't even like Twista.

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #160 of 233

Quote:
Yeah, I knew it only fit two of the criteria, but due to the speed and lyricism aspects I was hoping they would make up for the lack of edge. I honestly don't even like Twista.

Yeah, it gets old fast.  
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #161 of 233
I love Bone Thugs and seen them live twice. Their albums have been getting worse and worse though. I had high hopes for their last album with the reunion and I was GREATLY disappointed. They no longer rap fast and ruthlessly like they used to.. all of their stuff is commercial BS now
frown.gif

Twista is ok

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #165 of 233

Quote:
The best that ever did it/ The best that ever lived it/ The one and only Notorious B.I.G

" if u don't know, now u know ni$&@r~"

Pac and Big are both influential rappers. To be entirely honest, though, I think they receive too much credit for being hip hop's original innovators. The sad thing is, the majority of people who call themselves hip hop fans don't know the first thing about hip hop. They say, "Yo, Pac and Big man." But you ask them, "Name three reasons why Pac and Big are so influential." Or, "Give me 5 singles of theirs that never made it on the charts." They can't do it. Mostly because in reality, they don't know crap about hip hop, other than the fact that you're "supposed" to like Biggie and Pac. Well, I'm a hip hop fan, and to be honest I really don't like Pac or Biggie musically. Both of them annoy me. I don't like Big's flow, and Pac is so inconsistent. I give more credit to Rakim, hands down. I also think Nas had more to say than Biggie or Pac. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back