Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you like any headphones?

I love Denons and AKGs
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #77 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the movie earbuds the airplane flight stewardesses make you buy for five dollars.

i had a pair of these for free that i had to use for several months because i was dead broke. i will n e v e r go back i tell you, neverrr

Jan 17, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #79 of 131
My brother's earbuds which look like iPod earbuds, only a lot crappier sounding. He's getting a pair of Yuin Pk.2 on his birthday from me.
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #81 of 131
Quote:

Sennheiser HD650, Sennheiser HD580, Koss KSC75, Koss Portapros... all the ones I can name that I pretty much disliked

lol, either you haven't heard any of those or you just want to be "that guy" or you need to get your ears checked.

Jan 18, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #82 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD650, Sennheiser HD580, Koss KSC75, Koss Portapros... all the ones I can name that I pretty much disliked

Agree mostly... the KSC75 is pretty good for the price though, and the 580 is a tad better than the 650...

BUT, I can not get past the veil on the sennheisers. It is unacceptable, and I can't believe there are so many people that can't hear it (or at least that's what they claim).

And if it exists on an amp that is able to drive it sufficiently without distortion or clipping (and most are), moving up to an insanely expensive amp will NOT get rid of it. If any amp were to so drastically change the frequency response, then there would be something radically wrong with it.

Now... I do believe that Sennheiser designed the HD580/600/650 around a specific shaped ear, and people who are closer to that shape will hear it closer to how it was designed to sound, and that people who are farther from it will not. I am quite far from it.

Jan 18, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #83 of 131
Razer Barracua HP1, I wish I never bought them. I wish I wasnt stubborn and went for the pair of ATH-AD700 which I have now over those.

Rear had the no bass and it didnt sound surround at all because of that. Luckly was able to sell them off.

Jan 18, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #85 of 131
Denon AH-D2000

Jan 18, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #88 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, either you haven't heard any of those or you just want to be "that guy" or you need to get your ears checked.

Nope I think the Denons are better than the Sennheisers in every way possible.
biggrin.gif

However, to be fair, I mostly listen to my AKG K501s or MDR-F1s, not because they sound better, but because they are really "different".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back