Top 10 Travel Headphones
Dec 4, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyoel182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only ones really fragile are some of the Shure models.

I own a pair of Shure E2c's for about a couple of years and they are pretty tough. I use it in a daily basis on the go, at gym, etc. and it's really tough. Con't comment about the new Shure line, but my E2c's pretty tough indeed ...

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #17 of 33
All of the problems I've seen first hand have been with the E2c. Maybe its just my friends and their friends but the housings develop cracks and the cables have issues. They're always taken care of quickly by customer support but they're issues I've never had or seen with an Ultimate Ears set.

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #18 of 33
Thank you everyone for the input:

from the discussions I will look at updating my Ultimate Ears to the fi 5 or get the Sennheiser HD25.

Has anyone used the Sennheiser CX series though. I see good reviews about them.

Sincerely,
Larry

Dec 4, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ltucker305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone listened on the Sennheiser CX series?

Yes, and they're bass monsters. Too much bass in my opinion.

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Thank you everyone for the input:

from the discussions I will look at updating my Ultimate Ears to the fi 5 or get the Sennheiser HD25.

Has anyone used the Sennheiser CX series though. I see good reviews about them.

Sincerely,
Larry

The lower end models IMO were somewhat muddy and congested. I have not heard the higher end models, however. The CX95 is what a few members on this board are raving about now, but I'm not so sure how they compare to other IEMs in their price range.

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #22 of 33
CX95 is better than CX300 and definitely has more high end extension than Atrio M5 I used to have. It's Build quality is very good and Sound isolation is almost on par with M5! I think it's a very good canalphone in the sub150$ group. Its spectrum is most balanced and extended out of the canal phones I tried recently around this price range namely, Mylarone X3, Atrio M5 and CX300.

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #23 of 33
You know, I have found that the JVC Marshmallow works pretty well for air travel and is incredibly cheap. I often use them even with no music playing. I treat them pretty roughly and they are holding up well. I also use the Shure E2's which do provide a great deal more isolation but I prefer the sound of the JVC.

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #24 of 33
Hi All,

I listened to the HD25-1, the ultimate ears superfi. 5 but what blew me away
in comfort and sound was the Audio Technica ATH-A700. Never had a closed back so comfortable and well balanced sound. Am I crazy and the store did something in the listening room to make them sound better. I can get them for $100. Thoughts?

Sincerely,
Larry

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

All of the problems I've seen first hand have been with the E2c. Maybe its just my friends and their friends but the housings develop cracks and the cables have issues. They're always taken care of quickly by customer support but they're issues I've never had or seen with an Ultimate Ears set.

I've had to send in my e2c's and my super.fi 5 pro in for repair once each, and i use my e2c's about 10x as much as the super.fi 5 pro. They're actually still in their plastic blister pack from the last repair.

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #26 of 33
Glad to hear you got a good batch of them. I'm convinced they run in alternating good and cheap batches since some sound pretty good and others make you wonder why people would buy them for more than $20.

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #27 of 33
Hi All,

Thanks for the input but by luck I tried the ATH-A700 and they are great. I just purchased a pair. Sure I look like a dork walking down the street with them because they are large, but it is all about the music. My commute is going to be sweet.

Not sure how they are going to work on the treadmill though?

Maybe for that I will use my sennheiser PMX200. They are fine for short intervals before aching my ears.

PS.
Dyoel182 - Were you speaking of the ATH-A700 batches or the shure. I am guessing the shure because the ones I tried suck.

Sincerely,
Larry

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Glad to hear you got a good batch of them. I'm convinced they run in alternating good and cheap batches since some sound pretty good and others make you wonder why people would buy them for more than $20.

possible. i recall liking the current pair more than the ones i sent in for repair - perhaps it was the black tips.

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Dyoel182 - Were you speaking of the ATH-A700 batches or the shure. I am guessing the shure because the ones I tried suck.

Right, I was talking about batches of the Shure E2c.

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #30 of 33
Hi All,

Sorry to drag this on except I had to return the ATH-A700 as they were too freakin hot. It is winter and my ears were sweating. I am back to IEMs. I looked at the new group and see many comments on ATH-CK7. I have borrowed a pair to listen to but I do not know how to where them to get optimal listening. There used to be a picture at A-T but it is gone.

Anyone know how to where them with cable up to get best listen? Thanks for all the help and opinions.

Sincerely,
Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back