top 10 most useless items of crapola
Mar 24, 2008 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

afphreak

100+ Head-Fier
had to post this here as soon as i saw it.... clicky

... our beloved banana hanger is one of them!
eek.gif
frown.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 17
I own both the banana hanger and the baby wipe warmer. How can those things be useless? My daughter, when she was still in diapers, would throw a fit if we used a cold wipe on her bottom. Those warmers were worth their weight in gold!

The woman who wrote the article has obviously never had kids or headphones.
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 17
Dont touch my bananahanger! The most important item that I own and I cant
live my life without it. Actually I think it looks cool
cool.gif

But the baby wipe warmer? You will get spoiled kids if You use that one. Whats next? Heat up their chair in school
wink.gif
?

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #7 of 17
are you serious leaf blower, thats a legitimate product. I dont know a lawn care copany that doesnt have one. Now the other stuff i can understand kinda, but that one really threw me off.

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvan01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yepp, for people that are to lazy to use a rake
wink.gif

Not necessarily. People who do gardening as a business work faster, and thus more effectively, with a leaf blower than with a rake. Also, I know some people who use fancy tiling outside (why, I don't know). They wouldn't dream of potentially scratching the things...

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own both the banana hanger and the baby wipe warmer. How can those things be useless? My daughter, when she was still in diapers, would throw a fit if we used a cold wipe on her bottom. Those warmers were worth their weight in gold!

The woman who wrote the article has obviously never had kids or headphones.
tongue.gif

Straighten out the hook, add a little padding and the banana hanger makes a good headphone stand

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you serious leaf blower, thats a legitimate product. I dont know a lawn care copany that doesnt have one. Now the other stuff i can understand kinda, but that one really threw me off.

No kidding! One of the best tools I own. If you shoot grass anywhere it doesn't belong, like in the gravel beds around trees and such there is no more efficient or effective way to get it out of there! Try raking it and not only are you wasting time but you can never get just the grass out of there. You end up raking a bunch of gravel into the yard. Plus it's the only major tool that I have that allows me to irritate people. You can blow air into their face and all they do is laugh. Try that with a chainsaw.

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #13 of 17
I didn't agree with the leaf blower being on that list as well, really useful for dry dirt or bark mulch on driveways. Aside from hosing it down, which causes a muddy mess, there isn't a more efficient way to clean that up.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvan01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yepp, for people that are to lazy to use a rake
wink.gif

What if you don't want to break the rake on your driveway? Leaf blowers are the only way to go there. They just aren't practical in a decent sized lawn though, a rake and a tarp will take you much farther there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back