Tool - Vicarious
Apr 15, 2006 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 142

memoriesaflame

Head-Fier
I finally heard the song....

The song is amazing!

I am giddy for the new album. I might go line up infront of the stores for this one hah
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 142
Zomba Recordings is distributing the song on their website.

Edit 2: I didn't know the link was meant for radio stations. I assume everything is okay if they're not preventing downloads. They do own the recording after all.

Apr 15, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 142
Just heard it. Is it a purely instrumental piece? I thought I could hear Maynard sort of vocalizing in the background, but the quality of the rip was awful. It is definitely Tool, alright. Hard to say much, cause the quality of the clip really muddled everything.

Apr 15, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 142
In the process of downloading the presumably better version. It sucks, cause I had been planning to upgrade my entire system in anticipation of this album, but it's not going to happen in time.

Apr 15, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Zomba Recordings is distributing the song on their website.

hxxp://www.zombalabelgroup.com/tool/Vicarious.wav.zip

Granted that's only supposed to be distributed to radio stations, but they haven't protected it since it got out either.

The little instrumental clip was a supposed leak, still don't know what that was but it's not Vicarious.

Apr 15, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 142
eek.gif
NEW TOOL! The song is great
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 142
The lyrical angle of this song is more of a social commentary style, maybe in the vein of the song Aenima. My first reaction was that the lyrics seemed a little simplistic, but I'm sure that's not the case...maybe just very direct.

Lyrically, it's something I could see almost being more resemblant of APC, rather than the distilled, philosophically oriented, abstract focus of tool.

Sonically, it's pretty amazing, especially for a first listen.

Apr 15, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #11 of 142
icon10.gif
One Word: AWESOME!!!!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

I can't wait to hear the whole album.

Apr 15, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #12 of 142
May seems so far away
frown.gif
!! I hope they tour the U.S. and I hope the ticket prices aren't through the roof.

Apr 15, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #14 of 142
Yay, finally! Thanks for the link.
biggrin.gif

I just finished downloading. However having just taken a shower I'm not going to listen to it until my hair is dry. The song deserves to be played on my Senns first!
tongue.gif

Damn, I've been waiting for 5 years!

Apr 15, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #15 of 142
double post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back