Too much computer usage can lead to Glaucoma
Nov 18, 2004 at 10:36 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
Yep, LCD all the way. I know we have some CRT junkies on this site, but my 20" Dell LCD is much much easier on my eyes for long periods of time than my old 19" Sony Trinitron G400.

And yeah, cellphones are linked to brain tumors. A lot of people are gonna be screwed on that one.

/waits for aerius to point out that one advantage of having cancer is getting medically-prescribed marijuana
biggrin.gif

The dell 2001FP rules
biggrin.gif
I have one myself as a Lan monitor.

I use 2x 21" sony trinitrons as well (triple monitor setup) only because I got them for $240 shipped otherwise it would be the 2001FP allaround.

Nov 18, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
Ill bet $10 that this is caused by CRT's running at a low refresh.

Having somthing flicker in front of you is ovbiously not good for your eyes. Id like to know if LCD's effect this because they have absoutley no flicker to them.

In my experience, my eyes usually started to hurt after 30 min when I used and old 15 inch CRT with 60 Hz mode. It was better with 85 Hz. hen I bought my first laptop and problems disappeared. Now I use only LCD's or TFT's. No more problems.

The arcticle doesn't tell us which monitors those office workers used. I experienced many companies still keeping their old PCs with old 14-15 inch CRT's and Win 95/98...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back