Too much coincidence to be true...
Jun 14, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #123 of 298
It's getting clear that this seller should be warned or banned by moderators.

Jun 14, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #124 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't worry he's already been banned. Thanks mods for keeping this great community of headfiers safe again. I really do hope the seller learns a lesson from this. But I think he planned this out and it wasn't just a coincidence.

Jun 14, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #125 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why don't you check Waddragon and Lucky_star's profile(s).

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He "bid" on his own item using another account. That is really f-ed up.

It's truly amazing how stupid someone can be.

Jun 14, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #126 of 298
Let us gather our pitchforks and torches!

angrymob.jpg

Jun 14, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #127 of 298
there's always going to be a few bad apples. the FS forum seems to function reasonably well and much better, imo, then some other used markets.

Jun 15, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #129 of 298
Quote:

I know where he lives, but unfortunately he has no lawn.
frown.gif

My order of burning is as follows:
Lawn -> Carpet -> doormat -> body hair.

something's going to be burning real bad....

Jun 15, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #130 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they raised the limits to 500 posts just think how barren the FS forums would be. What is that like less than 1% of the members on head-fi (just a guess)?

There are a lot of us under 500/750 posts that aren't scammers obviously. There's got to be a better way than post requirements.

I am a 100's head-fier and recently purchased a LOD for Punnisher; he can attest I paid him promptly and in full.If you up the number of posts, many of us decent folks will be left in the dust. Am I to think that if you have posted 10000 posts you are more honest than me? Seriously!
I do however see your point. My first transaction was somewhat nerve wracking knowing I should trust somebody don't know. There has to be a limit but I don't know what that number should be.
How about having an intermediary? the money goes to somebody at head-fi and does not go back to the seller until the buyer receives his order. There would have to be a financial incentive for the intermediary though.

Jun 15, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #131 of 298
Well I think the combination of flipping and using 2 accounts to manipulate offers really is far from ethical. Flipping by itself is a market game, although I don't necessarily agree with it considering Head-fi's FS forum's purpose.

Using 2 accounts to manipulate price is inexcusable, it is downright lying and cheating others.

And it sucks, I was really eyeing those hp's if they went down in price! I loved them when I heard them at the montreal meet!
frown.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #132 of 298
Quote:

I know where he lives, but unfortunately he has no lawn.
frown.gif

What did he do.....sell it?

Jun 15, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #133 of 298
Maybe one way to ease the credibility issue is to get some of the MoT's to write feedback on headfi for people who may not have that many posts or be "well established/known" in the community (obviously they had to have bought something). There really is no easy way around it as that can be exploited as well... Just a thought though.

Jun 15, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #135 of 298
Quote:

There really is no easy way around it as that can be exploited as well... Just a thought though.

All you'd have to do is buy something cheap from an MoT, wait for good feedback, then scam the hell out of some forum member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back