Too much coincidence to be true...
Jun 23, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #196 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in Bay Area as well. We agreed a local pick up so the items should be ok. The only thing is the price then. I don't mind people make a little profit on used market, but honesty is another issue.

Now his original FS post has been removed by Moderator. Makes me a little wary.....

Regardless of whether or not the item and price are real -- are you sure you want to buy from such a shady person?

Jun 23, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #197 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem. In fact, since you've gotten away with it so, so many times in the past, and since you obviously prefer we act quickly and decisively, the very next time you attack another member in the snotty, belligerent way you always do, you can count on it. Shouldn't be a long wait.

Thank you.

But... err... this isn't gonna set a precedent for other members is it? Might be a problem for me.
tongue.gif

Jun 23, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #199 of 298
Quote:

Let's hope.

Geez, how rude is that. I'm very disappointed that one bad apple spread its fungus to other members, and now we're essentially bickering over him.

Disgusting, really.

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #200 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you.

But... err... this isn't gonna set a precedent for other members is it? Might be a problem for me.
tongue.gif

Hmm... probably.
wink.gif

It's funny, because I've been in all kinds of arguments on this site, but generally everything gets resolved, and people leave on good terms. I've seen some people here who could care less about resolution, and that's a real problem. Didn't they pass elementary school?

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #201 of 298
Heh... this is funny:

I just emailed waddragon and told him that I'd buy his HP-1000s at a "severely reduced" price, and then sell them here at that low price. (kind of like what Robin Hood would do) He then told me:
Quote:

Originally Posted by waddragon_email
i only want to get back what i pay, so the price is 1550$ which is a current price on the forum too.
if i go lower, then it is exactly the same as being charged by credit card T_T

So I sent him a nice little screenshot of his account's "banned" status.

Perhaps we could get these headphones back into legitimate circulation among HF members? I'll hold out hope, since I really can't afford to buy and keep them, and I surely wouldn't try to make money off them.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #202 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in Bay Area as well. We agreed a local pick up so the items should be ok. The only thing is the price then. I don't mind people make a little profit on used market, but honesty is another issue.

Now his original FS post has been removed by Moderator. Makes me a little wary.....

Wad said he traded a GS-1000 with moon audio dragon-something cable that he claimed was worth $1475, + $650 cash. I told him his used trade + cash was worth maybe $1700 (or close to that). The going rate for HE60 has been about $1,800 with HEV70 if all is in good working order, ranging from $1,500 - $2,000 depending on the condition.

In my case, to get an HE60/HEV70 from Kees I paid $700 + traded an Edition 9 that Orkney sold me for $1300 when they were out of stock for 2 months (and because the S/N was sequential to my other pair). For that I got my HE60 and HEV70 plus the seller threw in new earpads, and then he generously paid almost the complete cost to have new drivers installed due to a channel imbalance and slow charge up. It cost me $412 after shipping both ways which also included a 110v PSU, but I got $340 of that from my wonderful seller.

Somehow I seriously doubt Wad would give that level of support to the buyer of his setup, nevertheless I submitted a $1,700 offer saying I wanted a spare setup - my intent was to pass it on to a head-fier and keep it in the family. You are "in the family" and if you can pick it up for a fair price and you can personally test it first, I'd be happy to see you have an HE60/HEV70 to enjoy.

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #203 of 298
sorry about that, i didnt follow this thread..

deal 1 went gs1k plus $670 paypal. he listed his recabled gs1k for 950 so i thought this deal was pretty good for him. i just went rather easy because he sounded like he had some financial issue.

deal 2 went for $1807shipped. he said he is buying it for his friend or something. anyways, i gave him spare earpads, headband, and a voltage converter for the amp is configured at 220v.

im thinking that i might have given him a voltage converter on deal 1 but im not sure..

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #205 of 298
Quote:

Let's hope.

X2

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geez, how rude is that. I'm very disappointed that one bad apple spread its fungus to other members, and now we're essentially bickering over him.

Disgusting, really.

Some of us (self included) do get a bit personal at times and say things that in hindsight are antagonistic. However Plainsong repeatedly and consistently makes rude, smartass, and beligerent post attacking other members. I for one would be happy to see her gone.

Although of course I am sure some feel the same about me.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #206 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2

Some of us (self included) do get a bit personal at times and say things that in hindsight are antagonistic. However Plainsong repeatedly and consistently makes rude, smartass, and beligerent post attacking other members. I for one would be happy to see her gone.

Although of course I am sure some feel the same about me.
rolleyes.gif

I don't!
eek.gif

Try harder please.

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #207 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry about that, i didnt follow this thread..

deal 1 went gs1k plus $670 paypal. he listed his recabled gs1k for 950 so i thought this deal was pretty good for him. i just went rather easy because he sounded like he had some financial issue.

deal 2 went for $1807shipped. he said he is buying it for his friend or something. anyways, i gave him spare earpads, headband, and a voltage converter for the amp is configured at 220v.

im thinking that i might have given him a voltage converter on deal 1 but im not sure..

That's what I though.

I was interested in the deal he had, but I totally knew the price was wrong.

Anyway, back to searching somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back