Tons of free live music. What is the catch?
May 1, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 20
Mr. PD -
Make sure you unzip it, then go to http://www.etree.org/software.html and download ShnAmp or go to http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html and download FLAC.

Quote:

They said these are legal, but it was not to be encoded to mp3 or shared on the internet.

That just means that they don't want anyone to compress their lossless formats and then trade those around, they only want the highest quality recordings circulating.

May 1, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 20
Also, archive.org has a lot of live shows. They are paying for about 3 times the bandwidth taht is actually getting consumed. Everything on there has been aprroved by the bands/agents.

May 2, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
to play it safe I'll just take into account to what snake said and wont download anything!

Nonsense, go to archive.org and download away, all the live shows listed there were recorded with the band/artist's permission. Some of those recordings sound incredible by the way.

if you are a dave matthews fan, there's antsmarching.org.

May 2, 2004 at 9:35 AM Post #20 of 20
I dont know, but i figured that shows recorded recently might be illegal (ok they are, according to the tickets "no cameras, recording devices or cameras"). But some bands including metallica used to allow "tapersections" where fans could record the concerts legally. I think some bands still have that.

As i said in a previous post, if a concert is broadcasted on radio, it cant be illegal to record it and share with others. Because if the band allows the show to be recorded, they have to assume that it will in fact be recorded and spread all over the world. Especially now with the internet and many people having acess to broadband.

ok, there is an other side to it. Because of the internet some bands might not want their shows to be recorded because there is way to control how the music spreads over internet. But thats evolution for you.

And i actually have a springsteen show recorded from radio back in '78 where he basically says dont forget to turn your tapedeck on.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back