Tomahawk Troubles
Dec 6, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #16 of 20
Man, almost got me worried about my Tomahawk. Glad to hear it was only Batteries. Tomahawk is a great little amp.

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #17 of 20
Nice to hear that you found the problem, and that it was a simple fix when you found out that the batteries was not that new after all...

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #18 of 20
Wish I still had the receipt so that I could return them.
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #19 of 20
^assuming they don't have enough voltage swing despite the fresh new set of batteries?

It's only 2x 1.5V. The amp can only swing 3.0Vpeak to peak.

This amp won't drive anything to high volumes that's for sure.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzeYang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^assuming they don't have enough voltage swing despite the fresh new set of batteries?

It's only 2x 1.5V. The amp can only swing 3.0Vpeak to peak.

This amp won't drive anything to high volumes that's for sure.

Well when I was researching this amp I personally was looking for something that had replaceable batteries and had more of a quality than quantity sound. I go to the gym and my workouts can sometimes last for 5 hours. I didn't want to have to worry about looking for a charger when the amp was running low on power. The Tomahawk with its replaceable batteries fit the bill for me. In the gym and even while I'm walking 7 miles a day the Tomahawk gets pretty loud for me. I know some people really enjoy there music loud and that's great for that particular individual but in my environment I like to be aware of what's around me and having a high volume amp may be too tempting at times hence the Tomahawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back