Tokyo Headphone Festival presented by FUJIYA AVIC, May 11, 2013 (PICTORIAL)
Jul 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #17 of 47
Great set of pictorials and commentary. Jazz clubs sounds like a great idea. Thanks for putting in the effort. 

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #20 of 47
Thanks for another fantastic report, Mkubota1! So many interesting places and events to attend in Tokyo - shows, cafes, shops and much more. Definitely need to fly over the ocean and spend some time there.

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #21 of 47
Excellent article!  I have to note that the most interesting tidbit in this article were the Jazz coffeehouses.  Fills me with envy.  I would love to go to a place that puts on such a service.  Maybe we can get lucky and have a few of those hit other parts of the world if they already haven't.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #22 of 47
Great write-up and pics, thanks. It would be really awesome to be able to checkout the festival and some of those audio shops.

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #26 of 47
Lol, China is home to FiiO, so I guess that counts too.

Haha.. 你好!
But really, Brunei have not at all any good headphone to sale... If not, you would have to pay twice - triple the price for a pair except for the HD600/650 where it is somewhat slightly cheaper here. Can't find any amp/DAC here anywhere.

Billson :)
*My Chinese is not all that good... Never like learning it hehe*

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #27 of 47
Quote:
Haha.. 你好!
But really, Brunei have not at all any good headphone to sale... If not, you would have to pay twice - triple the price for a pair except for the HD600/650 where it is somewhat slightly cheaper here. Can't find any amp/DAC here anywhere.

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

*My Chinese is not all that good... Never like learning it hehe*

你好!
So, you ave the HD600/650 cheaper there, huh? And...no amps/DACs. Lol, I guess I'm luckier here as there is a larger repertoire of headphones in China...sadly, they do not have any actual audio stores out here, so auditioning pairs other than V-Moda, Beats, Monster, Logitech/UE, etc. is next to impossible.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #28 of 47
你好!
So, you ave the HD600/650 cheaper there, huh? And...no amps/DACs. Lol, I guess I'm luckier here as there is a larger repertoire of headphones in China...sadly, they do not have any actual audio stores out here, so auditioning pairs other than V-Moda, Beats, Monster, Logitech/UE, etc. is next to impossible.

I guess I said the word "no amps/DACs" here too early. Just checked out their website today again, they brought in the FiiO E7 (the old model) at around US$180(converted) :xf_eek: and the Sony PHA-1 at around $600++

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #29 of 47
Quote:
I guess I said the word "no amps/DACs" here too early. Just checked out their website today again, they brought in the FiiO E7 (the old model) at around US$180(converted)
redface.gif
and the Sony PHA-1 at around $600++

Oh...I have the FiiO E7 selling for just under $100 US and teh PHA-1 for about $400...theprices there are insane..

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #30 of 47
Nice pics!

In the end I did not take many pics so I'll just not bother uploading them.

Odd that I didn't see those stuff at the Fostex table... I guess I was sitting on the KOTORI side.
Of which I'm still waiting for these to come out!

...you can see that I did like the sound a lot. For the moment just consider those as purely subjective... would still need to own a pair to have a better opinion on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back