Tokyo Headphone Festival presented by FUJIYA AVIC, May 11, 2013 (PICTORIAL)
Aug 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #31 of 47
Thanks for the great article.  It felt like you were taking us on a room by room tour.  Very well done.  I hope to learn some more about some of the Japan only models that may be coming in the future.

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #32 of 47
That's it. America sux and I'm packing up and moving to Tokyo.

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #34 of 47
Cheers for this Mkubota1, very interesting! I am actually heading to Japan in a couple of weeks, will certainly head into a Yodobashi and grab myself a souvenir. 
smile_phones.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #35 of 47
Cheers for this Mkubota1, very interesting! I am actually heading to Japan in a couple of weeks, will certainly head into a Yodobashi and grab myself a souvenir. 
smile_phones.gif

My advice is, be sure to search on the internet or here XD to list down several headphones or earphones that may suit you and then head to Yodobashi to test the headphone before buying... Too many choices there may complicate your mind xD

Billson :)

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #36 of 47
Quote:
My advice is, be sure to search on the internet or here XD to list down several headphones or earphones that may suit you and then head to Yodobashi to test the headphone before buying... Too many choices there may complicate your mind xD

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

That's actually pretty good advice.  It can be pretty overwhelming.  Also, a few other places you might want to check out:

Fujiya-AVIC:  (Of course!)  This place has a nice selection of new and used gear.  If you're looking at the high-end, don't miss this place.  I wrote quite a bit about them in this loooong post:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/611553/tokyo-headphone-festival-presented-by-fujiya-avic-may-12-2012-pictorial

e-earphone:  This place has at least as good a selection as Yodobashi.  It's a smaller store so it's a little more quieter.  They have a huge selection of used as well.  It's also in Akihabara.  Scroll down this post to the pic with Jude standing in the middle:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/578899/headphone-festival-2011-in-tokyo-october-29th-2011-pictorial-bandwidth-warning#post_7871516

Dynamic Audio:  Also in Akihabara.  It's probably the most quiet of all of the places.  This is a good place to listen to headphones.  They have some IEMs too.  And they have an insane several floors of home audio.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/553804/headphone-festival-2011-in-tokyo-may-7th-2011-photos-bandwidth-warning#post_7468146

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #37 of 47
Thank you both very much for the advice and help!

Man, your write-ups/pictorials are brilliant.

Unfortunatley I won't be visiting Tokyo and will be spending most of my time in Fukuoka. Judging by what Currawong has posted on headfi previously I shouldn't have any problems finding a store! 

I will for sure do some serious research and a hopefully I can pick something up that's not to so easy to get in Europe.

Truly excited about this trip and shall keep you updated on how it goes. 

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #38 of 47
Thank you both very much for the advice and help!

Man, your write-ups/pictorials are brilliant.

Unfortunatley I won't be visiting Tokyo and will be spending most of my time in Fukuoka. Judging by what Currawong has posted on headfi previously I shouldn't have any problems finding a store! 

I will for sure do some serious research and a 
hopefully I can pick something up that's not to so easy to get in Europe.

Truly excited about this trip and shall keep you updated on how it goes. 

You just make me want to go Japan as well! XD testing / buying all the headphones and for sure FOOD!!!!!!!!

Billson :)

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #39 of 47
Seeing this makes me want to go to Japan so bad. Audio stores a-plenty! Sadly, I'm in China right now, so there aren't any 'real' audio stores as far as I know. There aren't even any in the Philippines! Why?!

So...there are also some in Singapore, huh? Lol, my dad was making plans to apply for a job through a colleague there. Who knows, I might actually be able to visit an audio shop there! A guy can dream, can't he? 

There are whole dedicated malls here in Shanghai...

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #41 of 47
Check out 398 Zhejiang Zhong Lu (not far from People's Square).

:)

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #42 of 47
Check out 398 Zhejiang Zhong Lu (not far from People's Square).

smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind and maybe go there in a few years. Right now, I guess I'll have to wait.
Nevertheless, this information is invaluable to me! 
I hope this doesn't de-rail the thread, but are there any more audiophiles/HF'ers around here? I'm only an hour and a half away from Shanghai (on bus), so if a Shanghai meet is brewing, I might actually be able to go.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #44 of 47

No worries, nothing really to derail here.  
wink.gif
  I'd be interested myself so that I can check some of these places out when I eventually get there!

Curiously, are you Tokyo-bound in October? Two months ago, I checked several hotels for bookings during the audio fest and ALL that I checked were booked solid. Also, will you likely go in the Spring? 

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #45 of 47
  Curiously, are you Tokyo-bound in October? Two months ago, I checked several hotels for bookings during the audio fest and ALL that I checked were booked solid. Also, will you likely go in the Spring? 

Yes, I will visit Japan again.  But this time I will only be spending a few days in Tokyo- I'm going to visit the northern region for a bit before the Festival.  Hmmm... there's tons of rooms around that weekend- I just checked Expedia.  Let's take this to PM... hang on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back