Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions
Nov 1, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #106 of 122

Ah, thanks. It matches the Terra well. That variation problem is a no-go zone though - unless you can listen to 25 units. :)

Go the Pure II route.  It is wonderful with iem's!

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #107 of 122
Nov 2, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #111 of 122
My show report, with quite a few photos, is up:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739968/tokyo-2014-autumn-fujiya-avic-headphone-festival-report

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #115 of 122
It's a Vorzuge Duo and unfortunately there are huge sonic variances from Duo to Duo. This is my 3rd Duo and the best sounding one so far after trying out about 25 units(which all sounded different).

Hi, may I ask which generation VorzAmp Duo? Do you know if the variance you have experienced is still prevalent in the 'Revised' Duos?

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #118 of 122

vorzuge stuff really interests me but any plans for them to release a dac amp? 

Not that I am aware of.  It seems to me that Vorzuge doesn't leak info on new products.  It's just like, Boom, here's our new amp and it's now in production and for sale!

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #119 of 122
hmm I am just pondering an upgrade from my apex glacier dac amp. 

problem is...that is a hard thing to do without a) going larger e.g. Chord Hugo or b) making it more a side grade e.g diff amp SQ not necessarily more DAC quality

for option b what dac amps would people say are out/coming out which have a more powerful and liquid upfront SQ. I want that front row feel powerful desktop amps
give to high impedence cans but for on the go with iems. Im using the 40ohm in ear stagediver sd-2 atm and loving it

ideas: ALO international, Tento Portadac, Centrance mini m8  

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #120 of 122
So, I finally downloaded some photos, and I figured I would post some to this thread. I'm beginning with something absolutely marvelous, the McIntosh MHA100 headphone amplifier and a set of McIntosh headphones to go along with it. Yes, if you could afford it, I guarantee you a lifetime of pure enjoyment, it excels in every single category. They were streaming a jazz track with 5-string bass guitar and it was all juicy and extremely well-resolved from sub-sonic to super-sonic. The HPs themselves are ultra comfortable and luscious, I can't imagine the word "fatigue" ever entering into any discussion. Simply butter. Seriously, what else would you expect from McIntosh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back