Headphoneus Supremus
4-slice-toaster.jpg

toaster.jpg

transparent-toaster.jpg

transparent toaster

radio-toaster-ariete.jpg

radio toaster

Dec 15, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #5 of 17
I really enjoy the look of the transparent toaster. Where can it be bought?

Dec 15, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 17
I prefer vintage toasters. Give me chrome and cloth-wrapped cords! However, yes, the glass toaster is way cool.

www.toaster.org

Laz

Dec 15, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer vintage toasters. Give me chrome and cloth-wrapped cords! However, yes, the glass toaster is way cool.

www.toaster.org

Laz

Vintage toasters are the only way to roll. I picked up a 1930s commercial Toastswell several years back and just love the thing. It weighs about 40 lbs. and it has simple clock mechanisms for timing. It actually ticks when you push the levers down!

And it was only $5. Of course, had to disassemble, clean and rewire the thing which took a couple weeks off and on. But it was totally worth it.

Dec 15, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vintage toasters are the only way to roll. I picked up a 1930s commercial Toastswell several years back and just love the thing. It weighs about 40 lbs. and it has simple clock mechanisms for timing. It actually ticks when you push the levers down!

And it was only $5. Of course, had to disassemble, clean and rewire the thing which took a couple weeks off and on. But it was totally worth it.

Good for you! I left my vintage toaster behind when my daughter & I took up separate residence. I don't remember the brand name, but I came across the toaster site in my search for info.

Another item where 1930's technology trumps modern is staplers. I have a Pilot 404 from the Art Deco era which would put most modern staplers to shame, barring electrics.

Laz

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #15 of 17
I have a crappy toaster that isn't big enough to fit most bread slices in it. I hate crappy design! GRRRRR.

I would love a good toaster with nice long slots. Clamps the bread properly so it doesn't warp and toasts evenly. Oh, and cooking fully in one drop would be nice too. Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back