To reterminate or not to reterminate?
Mar 15, 2009 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Epicfailman

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have a pair of AD700s that I would like to reterminate from a 1/8" plug to a 1/4" plug instead of using the adapter. I have heard that this makes a nice sound difference. I will be running it out of the 1/4" little dot I+ headphone out line 100% of the time. So my question is, is it worth is to reterminate or not? Thanks!

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm sure many would say that there is a difference. I am not among them, personally. If it makes it more convenient for you to use the headphones, go for it, but don't do it for signal quality.

Mar 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #3 of 8
Convenience over "sound difference"... at least in this case. Maybe and I really mean "maybe", when you have a 10 million dollar system, you might notice a difference, but then again, you should have your head checked by that point anyway and it won't be a reliable answer.
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #4 of 8
hehe I dont think the adapter will make much difference to the overall SQ unless its a piece of crap; whoever said that it was a 'nice upgrade' needs their head read IMO

Mar 15, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #5 of 8
I have an AD700 and the adapter is a thing of beauty and will not cause any sound quality changes. Who ever told you that is just stretching credibility

Mar 15, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 8
Alright, I guess that makes a definite no then. If there is not sound quality increase than re-terminating to 1/4 does not make any sense, not unless you are re-cabling anyways or want to increase its aesthetic qualities. And since I am doing neither at the moment, it wouldn't make sense. Thanks for the hep guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back