To owners of Apple In-Ear Headphones (remote & mic) and MacBook Pro
Nov 5, 2009 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

yjs

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I bought a pair of Apple In-Ear Headphones with Mic and Remote (sounds great) today. When I got home I tried them out with my 13 inch MBP and noticed that they sound a lot 'darker' and muffled compared to on the iPhone. I thoroughly tested with several songs and two other pairs of headphones (Audio Technica ES7 and AD700). They sounded the same from both the iPhone and MBP.

I was wondering if anyone else have encountered this issue. I believe it's due to the fact that Apple wrote drivers for the earphones to enable the mic and remote features on the MBP and stuffed something up. Or it could be due to using both the input/output features of the single 3.5mm jack on the MBP simultaneously.

I've scoured the net and no one else seems to have picked up this issue. It's quite annoying as they are brilliant earphones, I want to be able to enjoy them on the MBP as well!

Cheers.

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by yjs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I bought a pair of Apple In-Ear Headphones with Mic and Remote (sounds great) today. When I got home I tried them out with my 13 inch MBP and noticed that they sound a lot 'darker' and muffled compared to on the iPhone. I thoroughly tested with several songs and two other pairs of headphones (Audio Technica ES7 and AD700). They sounded the same from both the iPhone and MBP.

I was wondering if anyone else have encountered this issue. I believe it's due to the fact that Apple wrote drivers for the earphones to enable the mic and remote features on the MBP and stuffed something up. Or it could be due to using both the input/output features of the single 3.5mm jack on the MBP simultaneously.

I've scoured the net and no one else seems to have picked up this issue. It's quite annoying as they are brilliant earphones, I want to be able to enjoy them on the MBP as well!

Cheers.

its ok on my end but just to check go into application/utilities/audio midi set up make sure everything is turned up and you can check your mic in there to

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Sorry for the bump. But the problem lies with apple drivers. It's here http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11104788 but the guy couldn't make it work. The modded kext working it's here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1HZTXV4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back