To date, what's the most "important" material thing you've purchased?
Jun 23, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #16 of 43
A bottle of K-Y.

Jokes aside, either my first computer or my Sega Genesis.

Jun 23, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A bottle of K-Y.

eggosmile.gif
LOL

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 43
Probably my first cellular phone, sometimes in the late 80's.

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #21 of 43
Mattress.

I've slept better, my sore backs in the morning are gone which makes my day start off better, and although not as 'bouncy' as my old spring mattress, it makes less noise so whatever I happen to do in it isn't as noticeable to people in the other room/neighbors ...
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #22 of 43
My first PC ..so many hours wasted on videogames.
frown.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #23 of 43
My ipod, laptop/dsl, cell phone, garmin, satillite system. They have simplified my life. Coming from the 70s, being able to get rid of the old technologies has been great. After these come my bed, riding mower, quality shoes.

Of them all, the cell phone followed closely by the laptop/internet then ipod.

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #24 of 43
My first hooker...I was no longer a virgin. Changed the way I look at women from that day forth.

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #25 of 43
^ lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First box of condoms.

Lol, box.

It has to be the Iriver Imp-350 pcdp, sure there were some cds before but I wasn't really into it. I've never used such a ridiculously expensive music playing device, it costed $150 at that time. I embarked in many many hours of music listening, which result in the love of music. It also got me into this ridiculous audio hobby because I thought maybe there is supposed to be a nice headphone to go with it, which made me ended up here. Other memoriable items that has same excitement and satisfactory effect is the Archos Gmini400, my first portable video player, and currently this pair of Magenepan.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #27 of 43
For me, I would say "ultrasonic humidifier".
Of cause I know it may not the most important, but its the most memorable thing since that was the first thing I ever bought myself without any financial help from other people.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #28 of 43
Probably my first computer, XT (8088) a screaming 8mhz with the turbo switch
eggosmile.gif
I used to tare it apart and figure out what was what, it's how I learned to build and repair computers.

Also my first car 1986 Buick Regal, it was a real bucket, but I was a broke and working in a grocery store making $5 an hour and it was $900 but it enabled me to look for better jobs, and land my first tech support job in 1999, I to this day regret getting rid of that car
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back