We shall not sleep, though
poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

by Lt. Col. John McCrae, M.D.
(1872-1918)
Canadian Army

Belgium is covered of crosses.
From the Flanders fields to the Bulge.

Under a lot of these crosses lie people wo didn't even know where the Belgium was.

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2002 at 6:48 AM Post #17 of 20
Me:

US Navy 1968-1975 .

Nov 12, 2002 at 7:06 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by fredpb
Me:

US Navy 1968-1975 .

Awesome Fred. For me: USN 1987-1996, aviation electronics.

Jun 14, 2003 at 1:26 AM Post #20 of 20
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?
You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you
curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while
tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't
want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on
that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something.
You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps
under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather
you just said &quotthank you&quot and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand at post.
Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

And he was saying this to another officer in a "faggety" white uniform... lol Jack can really get into it with a role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back