To all addiem owners: are these worth ~$70? bonus if you like metal!
Jan 29, 2011 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jaqueh

500+ Head-Fier
I really think that I have a preference for fast headphones, considering that I mainly listen to metal, prog, and rock. My SRH440, I believe drove that point home for me. Well my birthday is coming up, and I've completely gotten tired of the NE6, they are really muddy and not suitable for metal. I really like to listen to hear drums and the bass guitar, so i think that the bottom end of the monster turbines would be perfect, but how are its separation of instruments and detail?

So far, the most detailed headphones i have heard are the cx500.

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 8
I have both the Srh440 and the turbine, and the Turbines sound worse in every way. (Although that's to be expected)

The instrument separation on the Turbine isn't that great, and the lows sometimes bleed into the mids. I do listen to some metal, and I usually wouldn't pick up the Turbines if I'm listening to Metallica or something. I think it's a fun earphone though, and good for things like R/B, pop and hip hop. Detail is average.

They're really comfortable and isolate surprisingly well though. They are worth the 70 dollars in my opinion, but I'm not sure if you should get them if all you listen to is metal. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 8
The Turbines are pretty good, but def not know for detail and clarity. They are fun earphones with a good amount of Bass, but treble, clarity and detail is not their specialty. If I were you, I would go for the Golds if your looking the a cleaner, clearer sound.

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 8
are the addiems good for metal, I know they are lacking in bass, but how lacking?

i really adore detail and soundstage

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 8
Read this thread. If you like the design of the ADDIEM and enjoy a nice round bass with good clarity the new Meelec CC51s seem to be a good choice. 

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 8
ADDIEM is only decent for $70 if you are willing to get extra eartips to work with them. It will be easier just to get a really good IEM with the same money.

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #7 of 8
My favorite IEM for metal is the Fischer Audio Silver Bullets, if you are careful with them. The build quality is subpar, but the sound was incredible for metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back