Tivoli radio's phone output quality?
Dec 12, 2006 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rauer

500+ Head-Fier
As I'm looking for a way to upgrade my desktop PC audio for both speaker and headphone use, one of the many different options is a Tivoli radio. They seem to be fairly highly regarded as radios. What is their phone output quality like? I think I might be especially interested in the Model Two.

Dec 12, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 6
I have a model one and a model three. SQ from the speaker(s) is excellent. Coloured but very pleasing. The headphone out though is VERY weak. I couldn't even get decent volume out of my K81DJs, which play loud and clear straight from my X5. A bit disappointing in that regard I'm afraid.

Dec 13, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 6
Tivoli models - I own Model One and Model Three - do have a "rec out" (accepts a 1/8" stereo male mini connector) --> you can connect them to the audio input of a (headphone)amplifier and this sounds very, very nice ...

_beat

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by _beat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tivoli models - I own Model One and Model Three - do have a "rec out" (accepts a 1/8" stereo male mini connector) --> you can connect them to the audio input of a (headphone)amplifier and this sounds very, very nice ...

_beat

_beat, thanks for the tip! I, too, had given up on the headphones out on my model one. Like Kees, I found it wimpy. I agree with you and jrosenth: the rec out is a world of difference, especially in volume. (Had to remember to turn the volume knob on the front all the way down to shut out the Tivoli's speaker.) I tried it with the Little Dot 2++ but like it best straight out of the X-Fi console with crystallizer on. The Tivoli's range is amazing. I'm getting FM and AM that I couldn't otherwise, and when it locks on sources, it sheds the usual noise Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back