Tivoli Model One and Three at Target deal
Aug 8, 2007 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

warpdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
I was in two different Target stores in the Boston area and they were clearing out the black Model One for $59.99 and the Model Three for $99 (regularly $120 and $199 respectively)

This is a great deal because these radios don't go on sale very often.

I picked up one of each. They make great gifts at this price
M3TPE_large-01.jpg

Actually, I managed to get the Model Three for $60 also because they put the wrong sticker on it....the manager did not want to honour the price at first, but I didn't want to let them get away with it
smily_headphones1.gif

At South Bay Target in Boston, they still had at least one of each model left after I bought mine.

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #5 of 16
Thanks, I picked up 2 model ones. I have both my house and office in areas where reception is very difficult, for different reasons. These Tivolis have an amazing ability to pick up usable signals.

Aug 21, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 16
Look for display models too. I picked up a model two w/ CD player for $70.00. The price was $99.99, but the kid said that because it was a display model, he would take off 30%. Not bad eh?

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalcrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look for display models too. I picked up a model two w/ CD player for $70.00. The price was $99.99, but the kid said that because it was a display model, he would take off 30%. Not bad eh?

Not bad but you have to look if that specific model isn't damaged or anything!

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 16
It was spotless, believe me (checked every corner and even tried out the CD player extensively). Had all accessories and power adapters, instructions etc. Sounds and looks great on my dresser too.

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 16
After playing around with the Model One and Model Three, I have to say I like it a lot. It sounds as good as any desktop radio has a right to. The ported enclosure gives the sound good body, and the overall sound is fairly warm. Even AM radio sounds listenable for a change. The reception with the built-in antenna is ok, but it really comes into its own when you use the external wire antenna. The clock radio doesn't distinguish between AM and PM, so you have to turn it off everyday and turn it on again for the next morning. Tuning is a snap, it's easy to lock into the station and the station doesn't drift much.

I think most of the Targets don't have any more stock of the black Model Ones, although there were a few Model Threes around when I looked. The Target at Nashua NH has couple of Threes and were cleared out of Ones.

Aug 22, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #13 of 16
nice deal. I have no use for a real radio, SB3 took care of my radio needs

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #14 of 16
It was fun owning my Model One (mostly for the 5:1 tuning!), but I didn't think it sounded very good. Sloppy mids and boomy bass, from my listening. I think it could certainly sound better for the normal retail price.

Aug 22, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though these radios use analog tuning, the geared-down dial almost makes it fun to tune these radios.

I wouldn't have it any way but analog.
smily_headphones1.gif
Then again, my FM still comes from a Yamaha CT-800.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back