Tired of waiting for Little Dot store to open:
Mar 3, 2010 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Brandon7s

100+ Head-Fier
As title says, I'm tired of waiting for Little Dot to start taking orders again; I had intended to buy a LDMKIII to pair with my DT990Pro, and later an HD650 (or 600, haven't decided yet).

Is there another tube amp that can compete in the price/performance ratio? I'm willing to spend about 300USD, though I could bump that to $400 if I thought it'd be worth it.

Call me impatient, but I just don't have any idea when LD will start taking orders again.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 13
I e-mailed David on Monday, and he said that he would restock the eBay store later this week. I'm in almost the same boat, but I'm patient enough to wait.

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 13
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but waiting is just one of the prices we pay for climbing the upgrade ladder. The more discriminating we become, the more demanding we become of the products and services we buy, the longer the wait becomes.

When we cross the line from off-the-shelf department store stock to custom-made, special ordered, or limited production runs, we unfortunately end up with our hands in our pockets -- reaching deeper for dwindling cash and digging even deeper for patience.

Is it worth it? For most who are still sane, no, it's not. For the rest of us who have gone over the edge and are free falling to audio nirvana, it's too late.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 13
Heh, well, I don't think I'll ever get into hifi territory with headphones, but the high-end of midfi, I'm well on my way there.
smily_headphones1.gif
- the worst part is waiting but not knowing when. I can wait if I know that there's a deadline to look forward to. Looks like I'll shoot for Friday or Monday.. if they aren't in stock by then, I might go for something else.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 13
There are store in Hong Kong that provide international shipping, and they have little dot too. And they can serve English speaker as well.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 13
I guess Davidzhezhe postponed to put things on ebay because there is no stock after the Chinese New Year. People in China usually go to work a week after the New Year. The Chinese new year for 2010 is Feb 14. 20 days passed and we still see nothing in Davidzhezhe's ebay shop. Definitely, Davidzhezhe is not waiting for post office to open to accept packages. A reasonable explanation is that he ran out stock and sold out before the New Year. So it might take Little Dot more than a week to build the first 2010 amp out of production line.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schoenberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess Davidzhezhe postponed to put things on ebay because there is no stock after the Chinese New Year. People in China usually go to work a week after the New Year. The Chinese new year for 2010 is Feb 14. 20 days passed and we still see nothing in Davidzhezhe's ebay shop. Definitely, Davidzhezhe is not waiting for post office to open to accept packages. A reasonable explanation is that he ran out stock and sold out before the New Year. So it might take Little Dot more than a week to build the first 2010 amp out of production line.

There's a severe labor shortage in South China so I guess that affects LD to a certain extent
ph34r.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #10 of 13
I ordered my MKV from audiophilechina.com on the 23rd and it still hasn't shipped out. Depressing to drop $340 because they lied and said it would ship out by the 28th...

Its only a week delay...

But I'm an American!

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #11 of 13
Just received my invoice from David for my Little Dot I+ today. Can't wait for it to arrive! Hopefully I receive it before spring break since I'm having it shipped to my school...

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #12 of 13
There has been some threads in desktop fourms that there are people waiting for a SS amp to be built in three months in America and there is even one person that even waited for one year before canceling. If this was me I can wait a bit longer for Little Dot.
L3000.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #13 of 13
David refused to send me an invoice for a LD DAC I. He said he was out of parts and it wouldnt be right to invoice until he got the parts in. He said today should be the day the invoice goes out.

UPDATE -- Invoice arrived. Shipping in 5 days!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back