Tips to improve Uncomfortable Headphones thread.
Mar 5, 2024 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bluenight

500+ Head-Fier
Hi. I bought the Audio Technica AWAS and the headband padding is a little to thin so not that good comfort.

Got any tips for what to put underneath for extra padding?

Foam to cut out, cloth, dedicated extra headband paddings. What material works best?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 10
Hi. I bought the Audio Technica AWAS and the headband padding is a little to thin so not that good comfort.

Foam to cut out, cloth, dedicated extra headband paddings. What material works best?
I don't know about the Audio Technica, but I put a ZMF Co-Pilot pad on my RAAL-requisite SR1a and that worked great.

Mar 6, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 10

You can buy an actual airline pilot pad, this is UK Amazon but I'm sure you can purchase in beautiful Sweden https://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Hea...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276312382215&psc=1

I wouldn't waste your money on the ZMF one because it is vastly overpriced and the one I had kept falling off

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #4 of 10
Mar 6, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #5 of 10
Mar 6, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #6 of 10
caricature-portrait-of-a-big-fat-bald-strongman-bending-metal-bar-hand-drawn-with-watercolors-2-JBKE3.jpg

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #8 of 10
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #9 of 10
You can buy an actual airline pilot pad, this is UK Amazon but I'm sure you can purchase in beautiful Sweden https://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Hea...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276312382215&psc=1

I wouldn't waste your money on the ZMF one because it is vastly overpriced and the one I had kept falling off
Bought the David Clark Head Pad.

ATH-AWAS loosed some of its bass weight when i use the David Clark Head Pad. Otherwise works great for presure relief but resulting in not as good sounding.

The clamp force gets looser with it and the earcups angle probably change then or how close the drivers are to the ear.

I can still use it for HD650 which have a flattened headband which i have removed.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #10 of 10
HI!
After 50 years of headphone use, i develop pain on the top of my head. I add 2 layers of bubble wrap about 1X1/2 inch over each ZMF co-pilot bumps on the side of the headband, cover the headband with a seat belt cover from walmart. That leave a small gap over the painful spot. It look funny but it is comfortable. Of course, one don't need a co-pilot pad to do the trick, just adjust the thickness of bubble wrap.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/auto-d...tector-black-black/6000198672532?from=/search

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back