Tips on making Grados more comfortable to wear?
Apr 4, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But in my experience the Grado's are like a pair of cowboy boots. You have to wear them to break them in and be more comfortable. I think it has something to do with picking up the oil off your head which makes the foam softer.

Third, that about sums it up for me on how I got my Grados to be a little more comfortable. That and along with carefully postioning them on my head to maximize on comfort.

Apr 4, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #17 of 22
I don't find my Grado SR80s uncomfortable in the least, but that must be because I have a small head.
biggrin.gif

They are certainly much lighter and less clampy than my HD-280s, but nowhere near the comfort level of K701s that I've tried before.

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #20 of 22
About an hour when (soapy)water is very black, almost like ink. Then rinse well and let dry. I found it doesn't help immediately. You should wear them and give them some time to soften a bit more, and after then repeat the process if neccessary. I did it three times, also wearing them every day (do NOT wear them when wet, you get black circles over your ears!)
I didn't boil the water because of fear I could ruin them.

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #21 of 22
I kept squeezing and re-soaking the foam in the hot water until the water got cool and my fingers turned to prunes. There seemed to be a layer of hardened glue around my foam... this softened quite a bit as did the foam in general. Yeah, if they are new, your water will turn black.

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #22 of 22
I did exactly that and yes they softened little bit but not much and water didn't turn black at all...and they are only like 4 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back