Tips for ES7 maintenance?
Jun 1, 2007 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

spinali

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got these in the mail and they sound wonderfully subtle, and look great.

Aside from careful use, what are the best ways to keep these in top condition? It won't take too much to cause damage to the mirrorlike outer surface,

Hints?

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 20
Use a screen protector.

Just Kidding!!!
icon10.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 20
Scratches add character!

Seriously, my ES7 is due to arrive tomorrow via UPS, and I can't f-------g wait! But I have no plans to try to protect the stainless covers other than careful use. Everything shows wear over time ... its what makes it yours.

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Seriously, my ES7 is due to arrive tomorrow via UPS, and I can't f-------g wait! But I have no plans to try to protect the stainless covers other than careful use. Everything shows wear over time ... its what makes it yours.

You have something to look forward to. I'm still breaking in right now, but initial sampling on an iPod is very impressive; I'm glad I chose it over the Senn.

The headphones arrive almost screaming, "Scratch me!" They arrive in an ultra-soft bag that may do well to protect it from travel damage. And the mirror-like surface is may be a whole lot more sturdy that you think.

But still...

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 20
I always make sure that they're in the cloth bag before I toss em in my backpack. So far, they've been scratch free. I can't say the same about the smudges though.

Jun 1, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #6 of 20
Anyone know if that's real polished stainless ?? ???

Or just cheap chrome plate ?? ???

I've been scoping these since I saw them...

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I BSE'd my ES7 with great success. It's very easy.

Honestly, they're virtually indestructible now.

I'd like to hear/see a little more about this too...For instance, how did you manage to cut a perfect circle to fit the cups? Pics would be great.

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #11 of 20
Sorry, thickie question: BSE'd
confused.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #12 of 20
It does come with a nice cloth bag, but make sure you don't put the plug in the bag because it will scratch the mirror finish.

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy?

Naw, kidding. Seriously, it seems the main thing is cutting those perfect circles from those skins. The only solution I can think of would be to outline circles on the back of the BSE with a ball-point pen, and have somebody with good scissors and coordination to finish the job. Lacking the latter, I guess you'd have to cut very slowly.

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

Ah, nothing wrong about not knowing what a BSE is. Its just short hand for BestSkinsEver, a type of screen protector that you can buy sheets of to cut out and fit to almost anything. You can find out more at bestskinsever.com

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, nothing wrong about not knowing what a BSE is. Its just short hand for BestSkinsEver, a type of screen protector that you can buy sheets of to cut out and fit to almost anything. You can find out more at bestskinsever.com

Thanks Fud!
Hmmm...I have to check this out - I have a ton of stuff that could do with protecting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back