Tips for ES7 maintenance?
Jun 2, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #18 of 20
I don't use anything to protect my ES7. No scratches on them soo far, been using it for almost 3 months now. I have no plans to sell em, so what if there a few minor scratches here and there? I'm gonna be the only one who uses it anyway. Anyway i don't see how its gonna get scratches anyway, its not like we are gonna drag it on tarmac right?
tongue.gif
But then again, i don't carry mine when I'm out and about. I only use it at home.
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #19 of 20
well, I guess I'll polish mine always and always
biggrin.gif

LOL

Jun 3, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #20 of 20
dsc00579.jpg

Sorry for the delay.

The first time was a horrible mess up when I cut it out. I then decided to print out two perfect circles of a 2.4" diameter (the ES7's cups are about 2.5" in diameter). I slapped the poorly-cut BSE circles on the paper and cut carefully.

Unfortunately, this wasn't a wise decision either. Though the circles were nearly perfect, I had to remove sticky paper gunk and adhesive had managed to congeal on the BSEs somehow. So, I spent a few hours rubbing off the sticky goo with acetone and then WD40. I'm not sure how it affected the properties of the BSE; the area that the BSE covers is a bit more darkish and bluish. I actually like the effect; the circular edges not covered by the BSE reflect light more, producing reflective circles, and the BSE-area has a fresco-like effect on anything it reflects.

If you're going to use the BSE make sure you make the perfect cut the first time (if I had to do it again I'd use a compass on the back of the sheet or the similar computer paper method stuck onto it).

But now my ES7 is pretty much indestructible.. I can throw it around in my backpack without caring and it comes out absolutely unharmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back