Tips for AT CK10's
Mar 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

ant1pathy

New Head-Fier
Wanted to pick up some more tips for my CK10's, and didn't know what I should be looking for.  Will the Comply's for the CK7's work?  What kinds are good to pair with these IEM's?  Are custom molded ear pieces worthwhile, or do they not offer a sufficient seal?

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 28
I will look into the CK10 appreciation thread. I personally like monster triflanges because it's easier to take them off my ears with them and the comfort/isolation is good. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 28
tri flanges trimmed down to double flanges.  same level of isolation with more comfort.

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 28
I also think sensorcom tips will work, they're one of the most comfortable tips i've used with some lubrication added. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 28

Quote:
I also think sensorcom tips will work, they're one of the most comfortable tips i've used with some lubrication added. 

Sounds hawt! I'll be getting 2 pairs in 2 weeks time and keep that in mind =D

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 28

Quote:
Quote:
tri flanges trimmed down to double flanges.  same level of isolation with more comfort.

do you mean cut off one third of the monster tri flange? If that's true, which part?

depends on the size of your ears.  i personally cut off the top, smallest part.

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #9 of 28
If you enjoy foamies, I recommend the Comply T-130 in black of course.  They have a wider nozzle than the T-100.  And I feel increase soundstage and bass, while reducing the hot nature of the ck-10's treble.  They were made for the PFE but fit on the AT's just fine. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #10 of 28

Quote:
If you enjoy foamies, I recommend the Comply T-130 in black of course.  They have a wider nozzle than the T-100.  And I feel increase soundstage and bass, while reducing the hot nature of the ck-10's treble.  They were made for the PFE but fit on the AT's just fine. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for.  How do you clean those?  H2O2?

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #11 of 28
I'm spoiled 
redface.gif
.  I always buy six at a time and just replace them.  But yes you can use hydrogen peroxide to clean them.  Though every time I've done so, they never retain their pliable nature.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 28
About how long does a set last?  I wear them almost every day for varying lengths of time; sometimes gym, but mostly home/work.  Once they're in, I prefer to leave them in.  And I generally will qtip with a bit of water before I put them in.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #13 of 28

Just remember to trim them before use.........lol. Oh and yes trim the stem (I cut it at about half the lenght) because otherwise it's too long. 
Sounds hawt! I'll be getting 2 pairs in 2 weeks time and keep that in mind =D

Mar 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #14 of 28

Quote:
About how long does a set last?  I wear them almost every day for varying lengths of time; sometimes gym, but mostly home/work.  Once they're in, I prefer to leave them in.  And I generally will qtip with a bit of water before I put them in.

I replace each set every month or so depending on the usage of each earphone...YMMV.  Love the blacks though.  Don't show as much wear and wax deposits as the greys do, thus longer wear periods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back