TIP for doing business with Lend Me Ur Ears and other overseas sellers !
Aug 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

scootsit

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all!
I recently made a few purchases from lendmeurears.com (great seller, definitely recommend them!)

I am a little ashamed to admit this, but I just figured this out.

They offer prices in USD as well as their native currency, Singapore Dollars.
In my haste, I always checked out in Singapore Dollars, figuring it would all work out in the conversion.

However, Paypal charges 2.5% over the exchange rate to process international orders.
So, if you are given the option of making the purchase in USD instead of the foreign currency, do it!
They should get the same amount, and you save the 2.5% on conversion.

Luckily for me, this amounted to just a few dollars on my orders, but for those making big purchases, this could add up.

Anyway, sorry for a thread about something so obvious, but hey, it's worth it if it saves someone some money!

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 5
Im waiting for an item to arrive from the same seller, i am actually not happy with my transaction so far. It took them 3 business days to send my item out, and they sent it out 1st class mail when i was told it would be shipped out with priority mail. So when i could have had the product delivered to me saturday or maybe even monday at the latest, its wednesday and i still dont have my item. So i am not happy with their service and really dont understand how they have a 99% feedback rating on ebay.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Im waiting for an item to arrive from the same seller, i am actually not happy with my transaction so far. It took them 3 business days to send my item out, and they sent it out 1st class mail when i was told it would be shipped out with priority mail. So when i could have had the product delivered to me saturday or maybe even monday at the latest, its wednesday and i still dont have my item. So i am not happy with their service and really dont understand how they have a 99% feedback rating on ebay.

I've always had good luck with them.

I understand how frustrating shipping delays can be.
Keep in mind, you are doing business with someone in Singapore, which is offset exactly 12hrs from you in NYC, yet they ship from just outside of Chicago (an hour behind you). I have found that my order, once placed (during my day in FL) is then processed that night (the Singapore day). The shipping then cannot be processed until the following day, if that makes any sense. If you figure the fulfillment center may need 24 hrs to ship, the added day of processing between time zones explains two of your three day turn-around time.

I don't mean to mitigate your frustration, but when my orders have taken a day or two extra, I realized just how much international commerce was going in to mailing my little headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back