Tin T2s or T2 Pro?
Aug 25, 2020 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jason41987

100+ Head-Fier
Both are available on Drop so I am going to pick one set or the other up, and I am looking for whichever one is going to do female vocals, and electric guitars the best.

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Both are available on Drop so I am going to pick one set or the other up, and I am looking for whichever one is going to do female vocals, and electric guitars the best.

I haven't heard the Tin T2 Plus, but is supposedly has more bass than the original T2 and has quite good reviews currently. U can ask the others in these threads:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...nd-impressions-sharing-reference-list.805930/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/

Aug 25, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Seems the reviews for the upper mids where a lot of the music I listen to tends to be at are actually quite poor on the Pros, resulting in excessive sibilance. So I'd probably just get the regular T2s.

I'll check out those links though. I just want to find something that doesn't scoop out those mids. I am not a fan of V shaped frequency responses and for IEMs, that's pretty much all there is.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Seems the reviews for the upper mids where a lot of the music I listen to tends to be at are actually quite poor on the Pros, resulting in excessive sibilance. So I'd probably just get the regular T2s.

I'll check out those links though. I just want to find something that doesn't scoop out those mids. I am not a fan of V shaped frequency responses and for IEMs, that's pretty much all there is.

I know it is confusing, but there are 3 Tin T2 variants out there:
- original Tin T2 - neutralish with lack of bass
- Tin T2 Pro - didn't try it so can't verify, but the consensus I've read from reviews is that there's excessive treble and sibilance
- Tin T2 Plus - recently released, also haven't tried, so can't verify, but reviews seem stellar, reporting it is Tin T2 with bass boost.

So I think we are talking about different things here, but the Tin T2 Plus which I mentioned in my first post is the one that seems to be worth checking out, not the Tin T2 Pro. Hardly anyone recommends the Tin T2 Pro nowadays anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back