Tin T2 Plus vs. MEE audio M6 PRO Generation 2 (or anything better)
Sep 7, 2020 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

karm14

New Head-Fier
Hello! I'm looking for a new pair of iem's to use for transport on a public bus. I was looking for a good pair under around $70 USD (or higher if it is worth it) with a neutral sound and good isolation. I'm deciding between the Tin T2 Plus and the MEE audio M6 PRO Gen 2 though i'm leaning towards the T2 Plus because they look way better in my opinion. I want to use the foam tips on both too but the M6 Pro come with Comply tips and a second cable with a mic. Although it isn't necessarily needed, the mic is a nice bonus. Which would you guys say is the best purchase?

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 10
Tin T2+ as a whole, sound so very much better than the M6 Pro IMO. Much better build quality as well, but neither of those 2 have good isolation. The M6 Pro is most definitely not neutral, it is V-shaped. The T2+ is neutral-ish with boosted bass. The absolute best isolation, along with being very neutral or neutral with slightly boosted bass, with a single dynamic driver, is the Etymotic ER2 (SE or XR). Amazon occasionally has it on sale for around $100, and IMO it is worth a lot more than that. They do require deep insertion, which takes a getting used to, but provides superb isolation. There are other options for shallower insertion if desired. You can also use the foam tips.

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 10
Tin T2+ as a whole, sound so very much better than the M6 Pro IMO. Much better build quality as well, but neither of those 2 have good isolation. The M6 Pro is most definitely not neutral, it is V-shaped. The T2+ is neutral-ish with boosted bass. The absolute best isolation, along with being very neutral or neutral with slightly boosted bass, with a single dynamic driver, is the Etymotic ER2 (SE or XR). Amazon occasionally has it on sale for around $100, and IMO it is worth a lot more than that. They do require deep insertion, which takes a getting used to, but provides superb isolation. There are other options for shallower insertion if desired. You can also use the foam tips.

Both Etymotic are at $100 on Amazon right now.

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 10
Sep 7, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 10
What would you recommend for good isolating iems with a more shallower isolation? I don't really like the fit of the Etymotics.

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 10
What would you recommend for good isolating iems with a more shallower isolation? I don't really like the fit of the Etymotics.
I recently purchased the ISN D02, and with foam ear tips, it is the best isolating single DD IEM that I have, other than the Etymotics. The sound is phenomenal as well. My current favorite single DD IEM.

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #8 of 10
Sep 8, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back