Tin HIFI T3 question and recommendation!
Feb 24, 2021 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

torrenteg

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone...Just have a quick question regarding the Tin HIFI T3 that I have for almost 3 years now.

A couple of months ago the left cable started to detach quite easily from the earphone but was still working.
However, since a couple of days the connection where the cable meets the earphone is not working properly, so I just wanted to check if that's it and I should get rid of it?
Or is there a solution to save this somehow without spending too much on it?

If that was it, can someone please recommend me something decent perhaps up to double (now triple) the price of this one so around 150-200USD or £110-150 (I'm currently in London)? If I'm honest I haven't been following the latest releases when it comes to IEMs.

Not sure I would pick one that's over the ear like the T3 as I didn't enjoy it that much and probably I would need a bit more bass.

What I liked on this one is that the cable was really sturdy and I seem to go through earphones quite quick. (unlucky that this broke where the connection is and cable looks like new).

Thanks everyone, sorry if it's too long.

Feb 24, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 3
I had a few Tin HIFI IEMs (though not the T3), and they all had MMCX issues. Not too impressed by their QC for MMCX. Their newer models are using 2 pin connector, so perhaps the penny has finally dropped. Anyways, for one of my sets, I managed to fix the MMCX issue as the female side was too loose. It possibly could be due to this for your case, u can check out this video to see how to possibly fix it (do at own risk!):

If it can't be fixed, then do consider alternative IEMs, you can ask the others in these threads, but perhaps do let them know your music genre preferences and sonic preferences (eg V shaped, neutral, basshead/bass averse, midcentric, treblehead/treble sensitive) so they can advise better:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...nd-impressions-sharing-reference-list.805930/

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #3 of 3
I'll try to see if there is anything I can do, although it doesn't look like I can do the same adjustment to the IEM like in the video.

In any case, thanks a lot for the feedback, really appreciate it. And yes, it's frustrating that you have a really good cable but then the issue happens at the connectors. :) Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back