Tin HiFi T3 Discussion Thread
Apr 14, 2019 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

AudioCans

New Head-Fier
Best IEM for less than £60.

I could not find a specific thread for the Tin HiFi T3 other than reviews, so I thought that I would start one here. I have read and heard several reviews from forums and YouTube and most of these have been positive, so I decided to try for myself.

I purchased the T3 in early March from Amazon UK and this was completed by Linsoul Audio UK, even though Linsoul Audio UK does not have stock in the UK and had to be shipped from the far east somewhere. Interestingly Linsoul does not make it easy to discover where in the world they are. On a good note they delivered to me in late March and there was no import duties to pay, happy days and well done Linsoul Audio.

I have tried all combinations of tips and cables to discover what works best for me; I tend always to prefer using balanced cables when I have a choice and it is no different with the T3. I have also tried several source componenets, to get an idea of compatability, but settled for the FiiO M7 + Q1 Mk 2 combination for most of the listening, as this would be a typical average user combination; more entry level than pairing higher ranges.

The tips that I eventually settled with were the white foam in large for my ears, Linsoul did also send a pair of the large blue foam tips that come with the T2, but I found these very sticky and pick up too much crud for my liking. The white foam tips give a better balance with slightly more bass definition.

The mid range is really where these IEM's shine, they are simply sublime with both female and male voices, with lots of control and detail. Just listening to Auberge from Chris Rea, the start of this superb track has a feeling of being in the countryside in the early evening with all the bird song, the sound stage is simply amazing, if you have not got this track, get it just for the experience and to test all your headphones.

Is the T3 as good as the BGVP DM6 ? Not for me, but it is close. This IEM is in the same price range as the FiiO FH1, but even cheaper, the FH1 is an IEM that I also love for it's bass production and will always have a place in my collection, do I think it's better than the FH1 ? for the mids, yes, but I still love the FH1.

For the money the Tin HiFi T3 cannot be beaten at this moment in time and probably never will. What do you all think ? This IEM deserves it's own discussion thread.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 47
Thanks for starting this thread. I just got a pair of T3s after subscribing to the "KZ $20 IEM of the month club" for a year or so, and man, what a world of difference. I agree that the mids are worth the price of admission, and paired with the great separation, I'm hearing things I haven't heard in a long time on certain tracks. One minor comfort gripe: the metal barrels on the MMCX connectors are a little big, and the cable is a little thick, so with glasses it's a bit of a struggle to get them to sit comfortably. I do love the cable itself though - not tangly at all, and little to no microphonics. Overall super happy with my purchase!

Apr 21, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 47
Apr 21, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 47
Received mine from Massdrop a few weeks ago. Burned in as suggested but wasn't impressed overall. The cable is great quality, so I kept it for my FA-1. The FA-1 soundstage was wider and was a lot more neutral than the T3, but the T3 for sure had the better bass. For the price, they're not bad, and for friends who have been asking about budget sets, I've been steering them toward the T3 or FA-1, but they just didn't suit my personal taste.

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #8 of 47
Thanks for starting this thread. I just got a pair of T3s after subscribing to the "KZ $20 IEM of the month club" for a year or so, and man, what a world of difference. I agree that the mids are worth the price of admission, and paired with the great separation, I'm hearing things I haven't heard in a long time on certain tracks. One minor comfort gripe: the metal barrels on the MMCX connectors are a little big, and the cable is a little thick, so with glasses it's a bit of a struggle to get them to sit comfortably. I do love the cable itself though - not tangly at all, and little to no microphonics. Overall super happy with my purchase!
I agree the metal barrels (as you put it), do take a little getting used to. These are not the most ergonomic of IEM's, but they more than make up for it in performance. I personally just love the way the mid range is very prominent for my listening tastes.

May 5, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #9 of 47
Well I've had my T3s for over a week now. Bought them from Amazon UK. Shipping was only a couple of weeks, compared to the advised 3-4.

First impressions were not great TBH. Coming from my TRN V80s, they sounded lacking in bass. The V80s have a really bassy sound to my ears which I love. However, after experimenting with the different supplied tips, the bass on the T3s has really improved once I got a better seal. In the end, I went with the medium darker coloured silicone tips. As much as I wanted to like the foam tips (as I've heard a lot of good things about them), they were just to big for me to feel comfortable with them.

Now I have the tips sorted, the T3s blow the V80s out of the water. Soundstage is wider and imaging is clearer. I also find the shape of the T3s fit me better than the V80s. Not sure if it's my ear shape, but I'd constantly have to push the V80s back in every ten minutes or so as they'd work their way out slightly, altering the sound.

TBH, after the last week or so with the T3s, I can't see the V80s getting much of a look in now. The only thing I prefer the TRNs for is using as a wired hands free kit whilst driving. If I could find a decent quality mic'd cable for the T3s, I wouldn't need the V80s at all.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #10 of 47
Received mine from Massdrop a few weeks ago. Burned in as suggested but wasn't impressed overall. The cable is great quality, so I kept it for my FA-1. The FA-1 soundstage was wider and was a lot more neutral than the T3, but the T3 for sure had the better bass. For the price, they're not bad, and for friends who have been asking about budget sets, I've been steering them toward the T3 or FA-1, but they just didn't suit my personal taste.
If the t3 has better bass then the fa1 then the f1 dont have bass

May 25, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 47
knows one where to get the orginal foam tips?

I have ordered some at AliExpress, but have not found the same
Try InAir2 you can get it in german amazon
They are the same sticky and the same schaumdichte

Never heard that somone ever find the orginal foams tips

Or you get the tin audio case whit one pair of tips
€ 8,16 | Zinn HiFi Auido IEM Kabel Fall Kopfhörer Fall Beutel PU Leder Fall für Zinn Audio T2/T3/T2PRO
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/POH4ri0

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #14 of 47

I returned the FA1 and have now the T3. Mainly because the FA1 were not that comfortable for me. I agree, the soundstage on the FA1 is wider and more neutral, but unfortunately they dont have much bass.
I like them both in their own way

The metal barrels do take a little getting used to but way more comfortable as the FA1.

Try InAir2 you can get it in german amazon
They are the same sticky and the same schaumdichte

Never heard that somone ever find the orginal foams tips

Or you get the tin audio case whit one pair of tips
€ 8,16 | Zinn HiFi Auido IEM Kabel Fall Kopfhörer Fall Beutel PU Leder Fall für Zinn Audio T2/T3/T2PRO
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/POH4ri0

Thanks mate i will try them!
Now i see the difference, the ones I ordered from AliExpress were made from anti-slip material.

May 26, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #15 of 47
The trend with IEM shaped like custom. I think they looks cool but I think it makes fit even worse than non custom shaped IEM. It's custom because it shaped like your ear and not someone else's ***. With that said I still prefer fa1 for sound signatures and looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back