Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Oct 16, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #1,276 of 1,427
But it could have higher sensitivity...and therefore sound louder, seem easier, to drive.
We dont have that info right now. So its just a prediction based on the impedance and driver size. But yes you are right about the sensitivity.

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #1,279 of 1,427
My full review of the Tin P2 vs Tin P1
https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/10/tin-hifi-p2-iem-review.html

The Tin P2 straight out of the box had a bloomy bass that I felt was much more than neutral, but not too muddy and blunted, and a severe lack of upper mid-range that cause it to sound rather hazey and veiled. The treble is well extended, however has a very large upper treble peak that is audible and can be fatiguing and cause ringing over time.'

20201020_194700.jpg

Oct 24, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #1,281 of 1,427
Most people who have compared the 2 have liked the M9. At least from what I've seen. I paid $1200 for my M9 and if they got stolen tomorrow I'd order another pair same day. I believe the M9 goes toe to toe with the Solaris as well. I'd actually love to hear a Solaris.

I have the sony m9 too, interm of sound signature/tonality is it the same? (Crinacle put both warm-neutral on the iem rangking list)

How about the technicality, can it catch up?

Oct 28, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #1,282 of 1,427
Burning in P2 since last Saturday.

Yeah, first impression was terrible.
Muddy overwhelming bass, lifeless submerged vocal/melody, and congested sound.

Now nearly 100 hours and getting significantly better, but still not good. Just getting near to "acceptable" level to me.
Well, it is still changing (a lot after 70 hours to 100 hours), so let's see how it settles.
I almost thought it won't be good, but I got hope again.
I will at least try continuous burn-in till 200 hours. Maybe 300 hours? I will stop if I felt it settled.

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #1,283 of 1,427
Burning in P2 since last Saturday.

Yeah, first impression was terrible.
Muddy overwhelming bass, lifeless submerged vocal/melody, and congested sound.

Now nearly 100 hours and getting significantly better, but still not good. Just getting near to "acceptable" level to me.
Well, it is still changing (a lot after 70 hours to 100 hours), so let's see how it settles.
I almost thought it won't be good, but I got hope again.
I will at least try continuous burn-in till 200 hours. Maybe 300 hours? I will stop if I felt it settled.
Both MY EDPs and Cupids continued improving past the 250 hour mark and I remember my P1s getting more refined through at least 150 hours. Keep the hope and the patience. I remember also with my RAH, a DD, Planar, Piezo tribrid they sounded pretty good out of the box but as the hours of burn-in mounted they went from good to OK to just plain awful to bliss.... They also kept getting deeper, wider and more refined past 150 hours.
Looking forward to your further impressions after another 50 hours or so.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #1,284 of 1,427
Both MY EDPs and Cupids continue improvi g past the $250 mark and I remember my P1s getting more refined through at least $150 hours. Keep the hope and the patience. I remember also with my RAH, a DD, Planar, Piezo tribrid. They sounded pretty good out of the box.but as the hours of burn in mounted the went from good to OK to just plain awful to bliss.... They also kept getting deeper, wider and more refined through 150 hours.
Looking forward to your further impressions after another 50 hours or so.

Okay, it past 150 hours.
Tonality wise, it passed acceptable level to me, but I think it is still changing and could be better.
Bass had tightened up significantly (still expect to be better though), and vocal/melody-instrument became alive (expect be a bit better though), congestion got mostly cleared.

However, though still not completely satisfied, it is somewhat addictive and hard to take them off from my ears.

Now burning in with Schiit Gungnir Multibit -> Schiit Mjolnir2 (with LISST solid state tubes) -> XLR 4pin to 2.5mm adaptor -> TIN HiFi P2.
I'll continue burning in.
These IEMs seriously requires burning in.
(Burning in time should vary by music, volume, and your electronics, I guess.)

And it seriously requires power. Apparently harder to drive than P1.
(you can see from specification as well. P1: 20 ohms 96db/mW vs. P2: 32 ohms 90db/mW)

Nov 2, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #1,285 of 1,427
Hey pips. Hope someone can help me.
I was on a flight yesterday ang plugged in my P1 on the tv on board and immediately heard a very short static on the right earbud.
Now the right earbud sounds distorted and quite (chanel imbalance I guess). The left earbud sounds normal.
I made a huge mistake I thought it's a balanced port but it seems like it is intended for 2.5mm plug for old mobile headset.
Is there a chance I can repair/recover the right earbud?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,286 of 1,427
For TinHifi P2 money you can get a.......

[TinHifi P1 + E1DA 9038D (dac amp) + Tri Through 4 Core (balanced cable) + Azla SednaEarfit Xelestic (tips) + DD Hifi DJ35 (2.5 to 3.5 plug) ]

I've bought a set of the Azla Xelastic tips for my P1. First impression: good fit and they seem to stay in place :thumbsup: BUT: With the Xelastics the bass is reduced even a bit more than with original silicone tips. And for sure there are more sibilants.

Nov 3, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #1,287 of 1,427
I've got the Xelastecs on my IMRS but the P1s really like these Strong Foams From Tennmak Unlike comply and others, they are strong and durable, exceedingly comfortable, don't muddy the bass and don't clip the the treble. They're inexpensive, last forever and on sale on Ali $7 for 6 pair. It's worth a shot. I shared these on the IMR, Noble, and itsfit Fusion threads and everyone who tried them has agreed that they are best foam they've ever tried. They're my travel tips because of the increased isolation and they really do sound great. I suspect it will help your bass and not bring any sibilance to your P1s.

Nov 12, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #1,289 of 1,427
Do any of you use a small dac and feed it into a desktop amp for your harder to drive iems (ala P1 or 2)?

Im thinking of picking up a schitt magni (or something similar) and using my qudelix 5k or btk5 as a usb dac for my computer.

Nov 12, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #1,290 of 1,427
Do any of you use a small dac and feed it into a desktop amp for your harder to drive iems (ala P1 or 2)?

Im thinking of picking up a schitt magni (or something similar) and using my qudelix 5k or btk5 as a usb dac for my computer.

Yes, I use a desktop dual mono/balanced DAC to feed a fully balanced desktop amp and drive the P1's via a balanced cable. After >300 hours of run in....very pleased.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back