Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Jul 8, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #631 of 673
IMG-20220708-161754.jpg

Received my P1 MAX's today, very nice IEM, doesn't sound like a planer at all imo, it reminds me of a HD6XX in IEM form with extra bass, very smooth sounding, no fatigue at all, quite intimate sound stage, amazing tonality, saxophones, trumpets, plucked strings etc, bliss, only real negative for me is on some tracks the bass can be a little bloaty.

Jul 21, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #634 of 673
Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #635 of 673
Got the P1 Max and Im really digging them. Im sort of a planar-nut and saw these on sale so I had to grab em. Theyre replacing my LZ A7's that I lost,

I immediately tested them with my iFi Diablo and Matrix Element M's integrated amp and was not disappointed with the sound. Good separation and imaging. The detail and dynamics are quite solid especially for the sale price and they sound very pleasant overall for the genres I listen to mostly like jazz and orchestral music.

Some reviews claim its bass light but they pull off sub bass quite good with electro/house music IMO. No sibilance like my previous T3s that I gave away to a friend of mine who has an ear to appreciate good sound beyond AirPods.

I thought my iPhone would underpowered them but they're surprisingly not bad. I tried both the TRN BT20S and a Moshi 3.5mm to lightening adapter.
I can see myself grabbing the bluetooth ear hook whenever I need utmost mobility but via the lightening dongle it sounds better.
I was going to invest in something like FiiO BT5 but I think I could pass on it but its clearly better sounding with more current.

I cant see myself spending over $200 on IEMs since I might end up losing them OTG but Im glad I picked these up for $119.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #636 of 673
Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #638 of 673
Linsoul have the P1 Max @ $84.15, seriously that has to be one of the best bargain IEM's for that price, very underrated IEM, if you enjoy a non-fatiguing tuning this is one of the better planers out there, very natural sounding, not really sure why the P1 Max hasn't seemed to of taken off as well as the other planers, I'm guessing because it doesn't follow the Harman target?

Nov 10, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #639 of 673
Linsoul have the P1 Max @ $84.15, seriously that has to be one of the best bargain IEM's for that price, very underrated IEM, if you enjoy a non-fatiguing tuning this is one of the better planers out there, very natural sounding, not really sure why the P1 Max hasn't seemed to of taken off as well as the other planers, I'm guessing because it doesn't follow the Harman target?
I agree with that and I also bought it for that price yesterday :smile_phones:

Nov 10, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #641 of 673
Here is my take on the P1 Max.

I also reviewed a viewers then bought my own one yesterday lol

Nice review, I agree they sound quite like a dynamic.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #643 of 673
That’s a crazy low price. I bought mines for $120 about 3 months ago and have been pairing it with my iFi GO Bar with good results.
And I thought I got a good deal….

Nov 10, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #644 of 673
The $84.15 price is most likely going to go back up after a day due to Linsoul sales. But I truly agree with the P1 Max being one of the best sound per dollar spent deals on the planet at the moment. In many ways it’s underrated and doesn’t get all the attention it deserves. It’s really the underdog among planar IEMs yet if you study it fully..........it simply has so much going on. The fit is amazing being lightweight and small......smooth and well designed. It could almost be thought of as the perfect shape. While the box opening experience is simple, it comes with everything you need............when not the using 4.4mm balanced, the included cable is fantastic!

While the box (itself) is small, and the extras limited, it’s the IEM that TINHIFI put all there effort into.

After about 60 hours of burn in the little guy seemed to be wake-up. Showing a new level of detail and finesse. It really took 60 hours for the bass to open and the whole signature to become coherent to a point. But after that the basic playback is complete and technically correct in so many ways. The evenness of response and fluidly found are uncanny. Placing it in a battle with 5 other modern day planar IEMs, it holds it own being very much a contemporary just doing what it does. While far from perfect, they asked a very different price when it came out, yet it was still a deal, now the price you can enjoy planar character for is unheard of. In many ways it’s the perfect planar for people just wanting to get their feet wet, and discover what planar IEMs do.

Truly there is very little difference from sound playback of the HOOK-X or Zetain Wu, while some may even find the TINHIFI P1 Max to even end-up better fitting and more comfortable.

The P1 Max is all business and lacks the showboat packaging of some of the higher priced planar IEMs, it doesn’t come with a multiple plug modular cable, but in the end those little extras mean almost nothing when you realize the money your spending is going 100% into sound!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back