Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
May 20, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #616 of 673
The Giant Pandas just excels in vocals for me and never fatiguing. These seem to be my utility planar for vocal-centric tracks which sets it apart from the planar IEM crowd.
viber_image_2022-05-18_08-01-21-134.jpg

viber_image_2022-05-18_08-01-21-282.jpg

May 20, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #617 of 673
The Giant Pandas just excels in vocals for me and never fatiguing. These seem to be my utility planar for vocal-centric tracks which sets it apart from the planar IEM crowd. viber_image_2022-05-18_08-01-21-134.jpg
viber_image_2022-05-18_08-01-21-282.jpg

Are they hard to drive, say compared to other planars?

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #619 of 673
Got my P1 Max.

Sounds very balansed than LetShuoer S12:
pros:
1) impact bass,
2) pure mids and highs
3) mids more forwared
4) comfortable and fit shells

cons:
1) soundstage is very narrow..
2) in my case earpices sounds different each other :frowning2:

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #620 of 673
Got my P1 Max.

Sounds very balansed than LetShuoer S12:
pros:
1) impact bass,
2) pure mids and highs
3) mids more forwared
4) comfortable and fit shells

cons:
1) soundstage is very narrow..
2) in my case earpices sounds different each other :frowning2:

Thanks for your impressions! Is the soundstage as bad as the Timeless? Timeless had pretty bad timbre and there was literally zero depth to the soundstage.

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #621 of 673
Thanks for your impressions! Is the soundstage as bad as the Timeless? Timeless had pretty bad timbre and there was literally zero depth to the soundstage.
the stage is quite narrow, and not that deep. In short - the headphones are quite monitor. The best scene Shuoer S12(holographic) and MuseHifi Power(very wide)

Jun 25, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #622 of 673
Well, I got my Tin P1 Max Giant Panda, and I love it, I really, really do! It is by far the best planar I've tried so far, at least for my musical tastes (lots of jazz and orchestral, OSTs, 70s prog). It's got that planar resolution that never falters, very nice treble extension without fatigue (and excellent volume scaling), reasonable stage, but especially imaging, imaging being its special sauce, such that I've never seen on a planar, and rare in this price bracket (there is the Tanchjim Oxygen above it and the moded Tripowin Olina below it, but these are dynamics). When people talk about technicalities these days, some usually favour sheer resolution. The Panda sacrifices some of that for imaging ability, which I personally think is a good trade-off, especially since planar resolution can get into unnatural territory, as cool as it can be (ignore all this if you are an electronic music first listener, in which case the Shuoer S12 is better for you).

It was immediately my favourite planar from the time I put it in my ears, above the S12 (that I like for its BIG sound) and the Raptgo Hook (that never impresses me until I miss it), because now I can pinpoint my instruments, instead of facing a wall of sound, and the timbre is so natural!

I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for @Tonytex's review (aka Akros). Shout out to him for the rec!

Hell, I prefer this to my Dunu SA6... back and forward with both and the P1 max wins every time, in every category!

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #623 of 673
Well, I got my Tin P1 Max Giant Panda, and I love it, I really, really do! It is by far the best planar I've tried so far, at least for my musical tastes (lots of jazz and orchestral, OSTs, 70s prog). It's got that planar resolution that never falters, very nice treble extension without fatigue (and excellent volume scaling), reasonable stage, but especially imaging, imaging being its special sauce, such that I've never seen on a planar, and rare in this price bracket (there is the Tanchjim Oxygen above it and the moded Tripowin Olina below it, but these are dynamics). When people talk about technicalities these days, some usually favour sheer resolution. The Panda sacrifices some of that for imaging ability, which I personally think is a good trade-off, especially since planar resolution can get into unnatural territory, as cool as it can be (ignore all this if you are an electronic music first listener, in which case the Shuoer S12 is better for you).

It was immediately my favourite planar from the time I put it in my ears, above the S12 (that I like for its BIG sound) and the Raptgo Hook (that never impresses me until I miss it), because now I can pinpoint my instruments, instead of facing a wall of sound, and the timbre is so natural!

I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for @Tonytex's review (aka Akros). Shout out to him for the rec!

Hell, I prefer this to my Dunu SA6... back and forward with both and the P1 max wins every time, in every category!

I've just grabbed a pair of TinHiFi P1 Max's off Linsoul in their sale ($119/£96.94), just can't say no at that price, interesting you say that you prefer the P1 Max over the Dunu SA6, I've wanted that IEM for so long but not ready to pull the trigger at that price range, I'm looking for a smooth non-fatiguing listen, I really hope these will be it!

Jun 30, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #625 of 673
Jun 30, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #626 of 673
I have a pair coming. I enjoyed your review. Sounds about like what my baseline expectations are for them going into it. I bet tip selection on these is critical.
Thanks for liking, yes tip selection is pretty critical, I ended using the FiiO balanced ear tips.
But most critical is the output power of the source, these things love to eat current.

Jul 5, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #628 of 673
$92 for P1 Max…..I don’t need it….I don‘t need it….

:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Jul 5, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #629 of 673
Here are my impressions on the T3 Plus! These go on sale so much that I bought a 2nd pair for my wife. She also likes them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back