Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Jun 20, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #136 of 673
T2 Plus, final production unit.

1BD1AFAA-89D6-42AB-964F-B2AB40589711.jpeg

Jun 20, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #137 of 673
I’m most curious how the T2 Plus will sound compared with the T4. Hopefully it won’t be too long.

26249A27-A17F-4140-A810-85BA62866BCD.png
4539CA43-A7BB-482D-8D3C-7AE86DB1411B.png

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #139 of 673
Looks like it could be good. Perhaps slightly less shouty/fatiguing and maybe slightly warmer than the T4.
If the technicalities are equal to the T4, it may be the best Tin IEM yet. The shape of the shell looks better. Hopefully the fit is great.

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #140 of 673
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #141 of 673
I saw that too :), I'm surprised he didn't post it in this thread also. Definitely increased my anticipation for my pair to arrive, hopefully I'm not expecting too much from them.

I personally don't find MMCX to be a downside, as most of what I've owned has had it. As long as it's not of poor quality or had a design issue (1st version st-10 earbud had a problem), I've had no real issues.

I don't constantly cable swap or abuse my IEMs/Earbuds, so I could just have lucked out so far. If Tinhifi used what is pictured in their product photos in the T2 plus production run, I can see that they used the updated MMCX design in their product photos. A good sign towards not having their prior problems.

Maybe @Otto Motor can confirm?

Meant to post this the other day. When I was scrolling through the pics on AE I noticed one showed the connector. Looking at it, I can see it is the updated style with a protector/shroud around the MMCX pin. Looks like they learned from their previous problem.

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #142 of 673
I saw that too :), I'm surprised he didn't post it in this thread also. Definitely increased my anticipation for my pair to arrive, hopefully I'm not expecting too much from them.

I personally don't find MMCX to be a downside, as most of what I've owned has had it. As long as it's not of poor quality or had a design issue (1st version st-10 earbud had a problem), I've had no real issues.

I don't constantly cable swap or abuse my IEMs/Earbuds, so I could just have lucked out so far. If Tinhifi used what is pictured in their product photos in the T2 plus production run, I can see that they used the updated MMCX design in their product photos. A good sign towards not having their prior problems.

Maybe @Otto Motor can confirm?
No idea - I stay away from the connectors...the cable came attached and that's it for me! The cable itself looks and feels good. I have not posted reference to my review here because there are people going around reporting "double postings" to the admins. And I put it on the discovery thread already.

OK, here we go, the world's first Tin Hifi T2 Plus review...I'll post it on Head-Fi in a few days...and I will make a video tomorrow.

e
Audio Reviews • Music For The Masses.-1.jpg

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #143 of 673
No idea - I stay away from the connectors...the cable came attached and that's it for me! The cable itself looks and feels good. I have not posted reference to my review here because there are people going around reporting "double postings" to the admins. And I put it on the discovery thread already.

OK, here we go, the world's first Tin Hifi T2 Plus review...I'll post it on Head-Fi in a few days...and I will make a video tomorrow.

eAudio Reviews • Music For The Masses.-1.jpg

No chance of checking a connector then? I saw you had them disconnected for one of your review photos. But not high enough resolution or correct angle to tell from it.

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #144 of 673

e
Great review! I purchased them completely on a whim after briefly seeing your graph of the production version of the T2 Plus. Now I’m very glad I did. I like the Tin house sound in general, and this looks like it will be my favorite tuning yet. Despite my sensitivities to upper treble mids, I do like the T4 a lot, and find that it compares very favorably against the FDX1 as well, especially on technicalities.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #146 of 673
What do you want me to check. I also have a beta pair...

If the MMCX of the production model has the 'shroud' around the center pin. This denotes an updated MMCX connector design.

Tinhifis product pictures show one, I'm just unsure if it is of a pre-production model or not.

This is a crop of Tinhifis photo, appears to be the new design:
11258954.jpg

Here's a pic showing new vs old design:
20190518_205914 (1).jpg

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #150 of 673
While anxiously awaiting the arrival of my T2 Plus order, I’m thoroughly enjoying listening to the Tin T4s. I really like how they sound with a TRN T3 silver cable and ePro horn-shaped tips. They sound very lively, punchy, and detailed. Right now, I think my FDX1 and T4 are my most detailed IEMs.

B449077B-F8C2-4575-B969-E61251918A19.jpeg
FAAB35A2-A581-4F8C-8555-2D557D0E9AE2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back