Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #76 of 673
Damn thats alot of dac/amp dongle, this is why it confuses me theres so much option out there, I'm looking those BT AMP/DAC like Shanling UP4/Fiio BTR5 atm. Those DC01,and 9038s/pdv2 seems nice too.

I know for sure the 9038s/pdv2 is more practical as a dekstop usage right? Im looking at BT amp/dac because the flexibility they have. I'll be mostly using amp/dac that is portable and like 95% desktop usage.
Sebastiaan156

Jan 12, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #77 of 673
Fiio btr5 is a good solution for portable, a friend got one and it's nice. Personally I use a fiio m5 dap, can receive and send bleuthoot and has a as card slot for files so you can use it as a stand alone player as well.

Sound quality is a little less on the m5 and hard to drive headphones will sound a bit less and won't go loud

I would go with the btr5 as it supports balanced 2.5 and normal 3.5 with decent dacs

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #78 of 673
Fiio btr5 is a good solution for portable, a friend got one and it's nice. Personally I use a fiio m5 dap, can receive and send bleuthoot and has a as card slot for files so you can use it as a stand alone player as well.

Sound quality is a little less on the m5 and hard to drive headphones will sound a bit less and won't go loud

I would go with the btr5 as it supports balanced 2.5 and normal 3.5 with decent dacs
Yeah seems BTR5 is the one still waiting for more reviews and stuff, i dont know whether the battery on it will be spoiled if im just using it as DAC/AMP on my desktop.

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #79 of 673
All battery's will die sooner connectd to something that charge them.

P.s. i orderd a tempotec v1 as a bleuthoot reciever and should be capable of powering a piggy tail dac, that way you have a reciever and can switch soundsignature with your own dac/amp's

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #80 of 673
Mhm I'm looking for new IEMs and so far thinking about getting the T2 or P1. But I can't quite decide which one. Is the P1 significantly better? I have a FiiO A5 as a portable amp, so it should be no problem to drive the P1.

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #81 of 673
Mhm I'm looking for new IEMs and so far thinking about getting the T2 or P1. But I can't quite decide which one. Is the P1 significantly better? I have a FiiO A5 as a portable amp, so it should be no problem to drive the P1.

Depends on volume, p1 are better than t2 but to shine they need to be to loud for my taste. T2 is more relaxed but a little less/different sq wise.

The p1 has sharp edges and loses in comforts.

But reading your sig and seeing focal elear I think both are on the simple side. But if you like different like the elear by all means try the p1 they are different. You want normal balanced dynamic sound take the t2.

So to answer your question is the p1 significantly better yes mabey, but it's defenatley significantly different.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #82 of 673
Just got my T4s, they sound super bright, way more than I'm used to.
Not really a bad thing though maybe, we'll see.

Unfortunately, mine seem to have arrived a bit damaged? :frowning2:
t4crop.png

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #83 of 673
All battery's will die sooner connectd to something that charge them.

P.s. i orderd a tempotec v1 as a bleuthoot reciever and should be capable of powering a piggy tail dac, that way you have a reciever and can switch soundsignature with your own dac/amp's
Yeah i know just wondering if prolonged connected by cable will it reduce the lifespan of the battery unless they have a settings to not do that in the BTR5 or UP4.

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #85 of 673
I am finding the stock setup of the T4 to be less-than-ideal.

I am looking in particular to substitute the cable. I have a number of cables I earlier purchased for my T2s and CNT-1, but never used. Could someone recommend a cable from this list of MMCX I bought?

Y*ny*o H3 8-Core SPC Black

Newest KZ MMCX SPC

NiceHCK 8-core high-purity copper https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971728152.html

NiceHCK 16-core high-purity copper https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030782005.html

Audiosense 8-Strands OFC Brown https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000131000289.html

I'm going to replace the tips with foams, as well.

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #86 of 673
UPDATE: Tip-rolling is a must with these, at least for me. I just switched the default SpinFit-style tips with those foams you buy in packages of 20 from AliExpress, XinXin Firms. The difference is enormous. It's finally sounding like it's supposed to. No sound cut-outs, comfort is increased, peaks are smoothed. Fatigue is decreased, and strings are less shouty.

I may not even switch the cable, given how touchy MMCX housings can be.

Jan 17, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #88 of 673
UPDATE: Tip-rolling is a must with these, at least for me. I just switched the default SpinFit-style tips with those foams you buy in packages of 20 from AliExpress, XinXin Firms. The difference is enormous. It's finally sounding like it's supposed to. No sound cut-outs, comfort is increased, peaks are smoothed. Fatigue is decreased, and strings are less shouty.

I may not even switch the cable, given how touchy MMCX housings can be.
I've been tip rolling with spiral dots/spinfit/sony tips, spent more than i wanted ahaah. Now waiting another set of smaller sizes spinfit/spiral dots to reach me. My ears cant take foam aswell since i really have shallow ear canal =/

They sound good. I don't think it's affecting the sound at least (if it is, I can't tell).
Here are some more pictures, doesn't looks like aliexpress is going to give any refund amount :frowning2:
Actually that looks like glue or dried out liquid use as adhesive to stick the filter mesh to the opening of the tube. Which aliexpress shop did you bought it from, what did they reply to you when you raise the question?

Jan 17, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #89 of 673
I've been tip rolling with spiral dots/spinfit/sony tips, spent more than i wanted ahaah. Now waiting another set of smaller sizes spinfit/spiral dots to reach me. My ears cant take foam aswell since i really have shallow ear canal =/

Actually that looks like glue or dried out liquid use as adhesive to stick the filter mesh to the opening of the tube. Which aliexpress shop did you bought it from, what did they reply to you when you raise the question?

The store is "TINHIFI Global Store". Part of the mesh almost seems to be sticking out over the edge. Hard to get a good picture though.
They rejected any return/refund because they wanted proof of box damage because they thought I was talking about logistical damage.
I uploaded more pictures (these one actually), and told them the box was fine, it must be from the manufacturing process. We'll see if it goes anywhere, I will be shocked if it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back