Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #316 of 673
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #317 of 673
Do you have any suggestions for an IEM with better isolation in the 50 €/$ area? Or at least below 100 €/$?

EDIT: They need to have MMCX connectors, so I can use them with BT neckband.

I recently got ISN D02 from AE, $80 on sale (and they may be less on 11/11). MMCX. They are vented, single DD, but they are also large, and with foam tips (AnjiRui, order them from Ali Express at the same time) I get a great seal, no driver flex and better isolation than T2 Plus. Depending on your ears, silicones might also give you a good seal.

They are not total earplugs by themselves, but with music playing at comfortable volume the outside world is held at bay. And they sound SO good. I have tried a lot of under-$100 IEMs and these are my favorites by far.

BTW, I am selling my minty Tin T2 Plus if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #318 of 673
Oct 22, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #320 of 673
I always thought that TIN HIFI needed to revise their branding.

Tin..

Tinny sounding...

1. ADJECTIVE
If you describe a sound as tinny, you mean that it has an irritating, high-pitched quality.

But with the latest graphs, maybe it’s their goal to produce a product with tinny sound especially above 10khz to cater older folks like me.

Nope. I still had to put -15dbs of low pass filter above 12kHz to tolerate its sizzle.

Checkmate. (P2)

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #322 of 673
Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #324 of 673
Oct 25, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #326 of 673
hello,
comparison please, t2+ vs final e3000,
thank you,

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #327 of 673
hello,
comparison please, t2+ vs final e3000,
thank you,

Final E3000 is a warm V shaped, smooth and non fatiguing. Tin T2 Plus is mild U shaped, more neutral than Final E3000.

Final E3000 is more power hungry, needs amping to shine to true potential, whereas Tin T2 Plus is easier to drive.

Final E3000 has fixed cable, whereas Tin T2 Plus has MMCX detachable cable, but there's lots of forum reports of bad QC in Tin T2 Plus MMCX connectors (my set too). Between a fixed cable and a set with a wonky MMCX connector, I'll take the fixed cable any day.

When amped, Final E3000 has better soundstage and imaging, but worse isolation. Final E3000 has more midbass quantity (but it isn't as tight or fast as the Tin T2 Plus). Tin T2 Plus has more treble extension and clarity, Final E3000 isn't as extended in the treble. Final E3000 has thicker note weight. Both sets have good timbre.

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #328 of 673
P2 is in the house. I can only share first impressions - they are bright up top that is for sure but I've not winced yet. Treble is extended and detailed. After A6 I think I can take any amount of treble, though, and they certainly compete with them on that front. Straight up, I like P2's presentation more. It's more lively, energetic and musical. It won't be for everyone, though, just like A6 isn't. It may make for a fatiguing listening sessions, I will see as time goes on.

Mids, I need more time to decide what I think of them - they are not as forward as I like. Antdroid's mod is something I might try later.

Bass is interesting. I can feel the driver pushing some air and it's a nice sensation, not expected it with a planar. This is not a basshead set, though. So far, I am pretty happy with the quality and quantity of it, it brings much needed warmth to the otherwise precise and fast planar presentation. I'll give the bass some more time to open up and re-evaluate again.

Pop songs sound good, I am listening to Sia's Courage to Change and it sounds great. My usual EDM stuff I need more time with - is all I am going to say for now. But I am encouraged; there is a certain planar 'sweetness' to the sound that is coming through and I like that (I am a fan of planars). Notes carry weight and sound is spacious - all good things in my book.

I have P1's as well and will compare them in a separate post once I had time with these, and for my brain to adjust. My main problems with P1 was lean bass (even with vent mod) and metallic timbre, loved everything else. I knew these would fix the bass but was worried about the timbre. I think it's pretty good; while I think the sound is still a little coloured, it is not as bothersome.

I will do tip rolling but likely will settle on Xelastecs I've put on these for now. I'll try running them balanced off DX160, change cables etc. Driveability is exactly the same as P1 I'd say, so they need some power. Accessories are great, cable is very nice and the case is, too. More anon.

Nov 1, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #329 of 673
https://crinacle.com/2020/10/31/tin-hifi-t2-plus-review-value-added/

Good overall ranking, even though I don’t agree with his technical grade. I do agree with his overall grade, but I would rate the technicalities a bit higher, but honestly, I probably wouldn’t have given such a high tonality grade, compared to other IEMs on his list. It’s subjective.

Nov 1, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #330 of 673
Tin T1 Plus is available on AliExpress for $28 and on Amazon via Linsoul for $30. 98% beryllium single DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back