Tin Hifi/Audio T2 vs BQEYZ KB100 (and a favour to ask of KB100 owners).
Mar 7, 2022 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

el-bo

Head-Fier
Hi!

I'm hoping to buy some iems in a few weeks. They are mainly for music-production, on-the-go. I would rather tend towards a well-balanced sound, while maintaining a sense of fun/livelyness for when enjoying others' music.

I did want to avoid iems, and explored ear-bud options. However, with a lot of help from HF members, it eventually became clear that it wasn’t the best option for my goals.

Anyway…

Done quite a bit of reading, in order to arrive at the above choices. From what I can gather, the T2 might be the best for critical listening/mixing, but maybe a little too clinical for any 'vibe' while actually writing the music, or for general music listening. And it seems that the KB 100's are also pretty natural, but have a bit more bass (I'm no bass-head, but…), albeit well-controlled and able to stay within its appropriate range (no bleed etc.).

I'm pretty sure the KB100 is the better choice, but feel free to disabuse me of that notion :wink:

The one issue I have with the KB's is they have an L-shaped connector. My iPad is protected by a large case and I'm worried that such a connector won’t be able to clear the corner bumpers. I wrote to Penon Audio, to find out the mesurement from tip to the point where the cable joins it, but I've not received an answer. From the pictures it actually seems to join at a much higher point than usual, but I'd love confirmation. If anyone here owns a pair, and can measure, I’d really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 4
A little bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back