Time to liven things up a bit - What are your thoughts about the DSK affair?
Jul 5, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 4
Too many unanswered questions.  Nobody knows whether he is guilty or innocent or his accuser is telling the truth.  Although she seemingly has a less than upstanding past, that in itself does not suffice to drop charges and not proceed with prosecution.  To me, that would seemingly be a travesty of justice.  The French writer also now accusing DSK of attempted rape years ago creates new wrinkles and gives one pause to reconsider this guy's past.  This would and will make a good Law and Order episode.

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't know. I expected DSK's friends to dig up a load of crap to discredit his accuser. Even a dirtbag can be raped, and that's just as bad as any other rape.

Maybe true, maybe not. The jury is still out.

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 4
I think anyone who steps forward to press charges or be a witness has to be ready to have their closet and history picked through and judged thoroughly by the media and DSK's friends.  If a lot of people step forward with questionable backgrounds it might harm the case.  Simply because it allows the media and defendant to spin the case.

It would be interesting though, if like the MJ case, if the rape victims were able to describe body parts or marks that wouldn't normally be viewed by the public.  I really don't see the interest in this case much like the Casey Anthony case, or the Itallian prime minister case.   Life moves on and those type of cases happen almost every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back